ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seized Calliper Question

Clio 172 Cup
Hey guys,

I have returned from university so haven't moved the 172 (Cup) since September. Because of this, I have bought new brembo discs and pads for the car.

Upon removing the OS front calliper, I realised it has completely seized up. The slider pins had to be pulled out using mole grips and a large amount of WD40.

I have ordered a pin and seal kit for both calipers (plus a tube of extra silicone grease), but am wondering how I can refresh the hole they slide into, as I can see some surface rust in there. I have cleaned them out with brake cleaner and wads of blue roll, but want to make sure the surface is as smooth as possible.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Need a drill, some emery or wet n dry and a bit of bar.
Get a piece of bar (or a long bolt) that's smaller than the hole diameter.
Hacksaw or slitting disc a slot 15mm or so down the end of the bolt.
Get some emery cloth and tear the width to the depth of the slot.
Insert end of emery into slot and wrap round clockwise until theres enough that it just fits in the hole.
Stick other end in drill and spin the emery inside the hole to remove the corrosion.
jobs a good un