ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seatbelt Warning Beep

Kam

????????
Does anyone know how to stop the annoying seatbelt beep.

Before anyone starts preaching about wearing a seatbelt I do 99% of the time but when I'm manouvering the car around I'd prefer not to have the beeping constantly going off. I'm also looking at installing harnesses for trackdays and don't want the beep going off while I'm queuing in the pit lane.

I've taken a picture of the underneath of my seat and you can clearly see one plug with 5 wires which goes from the seat belt clip through a plug then underneath the carpet. I don't want to disconnect the plug and loose the seatbelt pre-tensioners if that's what it does.

Does anyone know which wires are specifically for the warning beep?

The purple, pink and blue wires are also group together in a separate sheath inside the bigger sheath. I'm guessing it is the blue and brown wire but would rather be sure before I start disconnecting.

RIMG0009.gif

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
I hate it too, really annoying if im just moving my car in work to let someone out or anything like that!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
how long do you spend moving maneuvering your car???
is there not a fuse for it??

man up i say, maneuvering takes about 5 seconds,
and if all else fails,

my local scrapyard i saw a seatbelt clip on the floor, im sure that would foor it!!!

get down the scrappy and just rip a clip out of a random car. Put this in the slot when using your harnesses.

Clunk-Click with every trip!

1k_saville

DMS

A thirsty 172
Another option is to put the passenger seatbelt into the driver's seatbelt clip (assuming you haven't got a passenger at the time).
I learnt that from a Renault dealership mechanic who had obviously took my car out before I picked it up and not worn the seatbelt.

Citroen DS3 White
Mine has never beeped, not sure if it's broken?? Has Recaros if that makes any difference...

/Hijack]

why do so many people have negative comments to make, for instance " just put up with it" etc etc, the guy only wants to know. Really pisses me of at times when reading threads and 90% of replys are from smart ar*es that are just being sarcastic.

Kam

????????
Thanks to people with the constructive advice. The second clip is a idea I looked but it is a pain as you have to disconnect it everytime to put your belt in. As I said I do wear my belt 99% of the time but I am no saint and sometimes will just jump to pop up the road.

I'll try to speak to Renault tech and see if there's a way to do it via the fuse box.

For the others, not a very nice welcome to the forum and probably stops a lot people posting in the fear of getting smart arse comments. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Pretty sure mine doesn't come in till about 10MPH anyhow, cos it scared the s**t into me the one time i didn't have it on.

Thanks to people with the constructive advice. The second clip is a idea I looked but it is a pain as you have to disconnect it everytime to put your belt in. As I said I do wear my belt 99% of the time but I am no saint and sometimes will just jump to pop up the road.

I'll try to speak to Renault tech and see if there's a way to do it via the fuse box.

For the others, not a very nice welcome to the forum and probably stops a lot people posting in the fear of getting smart arse comments. Give yourselves a pat on the back.
The second clip would be pointless, it would save you all of 2 seconds that it takes to actually reach the belt.

Heres the solution:

174658_lg.jpg

ask your Tech if it can be switched off via their plug-in software; sure i've seen that suggested as a possibility somewhere on here

PH1 172 Sport
Wheres the buzzer? Maybe just disconnect that.

We've got a Nissan Navara truck that beeps when you go over 5mph without for seatbelt on. Bearing in mind it was designed as an working car ie used by farmers etc why the hell did they install a buzzer! When I'm driving across the field at 10mph I dont want to have my sodding belt on!

172 cup
I despise it too. well I can live with it but the woman maons to put my belt on to stop the beep, both when shes in the car or when I ring her from the car. ROAD RAGE!!:evil:

Clio Sport 182
i will have a look at my car when i get to work later i cut mine as it pi**ed me of beeping all the time !!! and will let ya no.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
i've had this come on once in the 20+ months i've been driving RSs, what are you lot doing?

M2 / Golf GTI
I despise it too. well I can live with it but the woman maons to put my belt on to stop the beep, both when shes in the car or when I ring her from the car. ROAD RAGE!!:evil:

So you're calling her in the car when moving from your mobile with no seatbelt on.

:nono:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I don't think I've ever sat in the car and put my seatbelt on before setting off. I always put it on as I'm driving up my road or heading towards the exit of a car park. *awaits grilling now*

There was a thread not too long ago, think it mentioned what plug/wire to disconnect. I got a bit confused when I looked under my chair so I left it incase I messed it up lol

172 cup
I do the same Vish, usually make any necessary swift calls/ put on whatever tunes tickle my fancy or light a cigarette whilst driving out of the drive way and down my street. Safe enough as not really doing any speed and the road is not really busy. I suppose If i just put the damn thing on straight away it would be easier but its jst not instinctive.