ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat spacers? Ideas needed.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
I run Corbeau Clubsport seats with runners and X-Low subframes the problem I've got is I want to ditch the runners, for two reasons really one being I don't have any adjustment due to the seat catching on the door bar and secondly there piss poor making the seat move around.

So the obvious solution would be to just ditch the runners BUT I need the extra height they give (well I think I do). I don't want to go back to OMP subframes as I hated how they made the seats lean in. So I'm thinking can I just use a couple strips of aluminium to fit inbetween the subframe and side mounts to act as a spacer? Obviously I'd prefer to use steel but 20mm steel flat bar won't be light and technically it's just sandwiched between two steel plates.

I'm 5ft 8" so if anyone out there uses the same setup without runners itl nice to hear your opinion, or any other ideas that could help.

What I've got in mind

IMG_1829.PNG

Cheers

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Ano haha I'd obviously never pay that considering you can get a around 2m for £20.

They also sell these for £80!

IMG_1830.PNG

Think I'm just going to use some steel box section, I just wanted to know what's safe and if OMP are happy to sell something similar I'm happy.

Tonyclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi,

I purchased 1 inch alloy box section (nice and light) for my drivers seat about £25.00 for fitting my Corbeau Club Sport seats to the custom seat frames I bought from Jon Foz on this forum.

Clio 172 (CUP)
If it helps, this is what I did with OMP subframes and also recentered them. Also added black plastic end bungs to finish it off....
034cec551db0cd4f6af80f07353a8eb6.jpg
4576a13ac11fdb5d33af0cbc6ec835a8.jpg

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
If it helps, this is what I did with OMP subframes and also recentered them. Also added black plastic end bungs to finish it off....
034cec551db0cd4f6af80f07353a8eb6.jpg
4576a13ac11fdb5d33af0cbc6ec835a8.jpg
The box section you've used is exactly what I had in mind, yeah I've seen them plastic end caps they make a nice touch!

Cheers