ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat Runners, 172 (mk2)

Mk2 172 (Silver)

I know rattly/loose seat runners are a common problem, certainly on the 172. I asked the dealer to look at mine as it went in for a service on Friday, as the movement in the seat has got so bad.
All theyve done is lubricate the runners which hasnt made a blind bit of difference.

I have done a search but come up with nothing....
Is it worth just tightening the runners myself, or would I be best off buying brand new runners for the seat and fitting them. How much of a job would it be to fit myself, or is it something best left to a dealer...and anyone know how much they are??

Thanks
Em

Lee

BMW M2C

I had this problem from new on my 172. They replaced the runners but the problem soon came back.

My 182 has been okay.

I think closing up the runners was found to help, but obviously made moving the seat harder.

Loosen runners,Push seat back & forth a couple of times.Nip up bolts slightly and do same again then fully tighten.Should work ok thereafter.