ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

seat removal... front and back.. any guides?

clio 5door sport rep
im picking up my sport interior over the next few days and i cant seem to find any guides on how to remove the front and back seats....

anyone tell me whats involved and how hard it is or point me to a guide on this subject. cheers

It's easy mate.
The airbag connectors on the front seats you'll have more problems with.

Front seats:
Literally 4 nuts underneath the car per seat (one on each corner of the runners) (13mm iirc) Two are under rubber cover things, on the outside edges of the car, you'll easily spot them.
The other two are on the inside of the car, look up next to the exhaust, you'll see holes in the heat shield and two nuts.
Then once you've undone the airbag/pretensioner wiring they will just lift up and out/

Rear seats.
The bottom part (bit your bum goes on) literally tilts forward, and you can wiggle it out of the little slots that hold it in on the front edge.
The back part (with the headrests on), you'll need to undo the two bolts holding the isofix bar on from the boot, and remove that. Unclip and push bench forward.
Then you'll see just off centre, at the bottom of the back rest is a bracket with a Torx screw in it. You only need to remove the one that's furthest back in the car, and then just wiggle the bracket loose. You may need to loosen the other bolt if its too stiff.

It should all make sense once your actually looking at the car. I found the electrics to be a bit of a nightmare. Good idea to WD40 up the rear torx bolt as well, a lot of people seemed to find it impossible to loosen, though I had no problems

clio 5door sport rep
hmmm sounds like fun. everything simple with the clio always turns into a 4 or 5 hour nightmare i suspect this will be no different

Haha know the feeling.

Easier to do the fronts if you jack the car up at the front. Or drive it up those metal car ramps.
The bolts to undo the fronts are easy.

The isofix bar bolts also have torx heads, but use a socket instead, much easier, 17mm iirc.

I'd say the only thing that potential could slip you up is the rear torx bolt being really stiff on removing the rear bench. Some people have had to resort to angle grinders to remove it.
Though I've done two Clio's and on both the bolt came out not problem with a Torx bit and a ratchet.

I'll keep an eye on the thread if you get any problems.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
It is possible to change the front seats without going underneath the car. The subframe will fit both.

Its a little tight but all the nuts can be reached with sockets/extentions/small adjustable spanner. Thats what I did anyway.

clio 5door sport rep
its worth saying that the subframes will be left on the front.. wil be replacing seats with 182 sport seats. so as far as i have seen its a straight swap is this correct?

Spanish - be aware in John's guide he shows removing the seat from the runners, leaving the existing runners in place.
If you are simply swapping non sport and sport seats, you don't need to do any of that for the front seats, just remove the 4 nuts from underneath the car.

Stupid question I know, but what more than on that guide is needed to remove my carpet? Also is the carpet easy enough to get back in?

Passat
If you are talking abiut the massive bolts in the boot which hold the bar down use a spanner, they're not easy mate

No. Got them off no problem actually. Got the isofix bar out and then there's 2 Torx bolts still holding the seats in. I don't have anything that fits them.

2003 1.2 billabong
No. Got them off no problem actually. Got the isofix bar out and then there's 2 Torx bolts still holding the seats in. I don't have anything that fits them.

Oh i think i know what ones you mean, have you got a full torx set ? in my halfords jobbie i had one that fitted them, but i cant remember the exact size pal, sorry :(