ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

seat lever gone

Hi All, my drivers seat doesnt go forward so no one can get in on that side, is this a common problem with handle going? how do i fix it? thanks.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
this happened on my 1.2 on 1 side and on my 172 both sides dont work.

think its the wire, maybe stretched or disconnected itself?

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Is the handle completely loose? If so probably snapped or if your lucky disconnected, might be worth taking the seat out to have a look?

Mines went on the passenger side, snapped cable, tried but failed miserably to put a new one on but wasn't too bothered as you can still work the seat, if you feel down the back about 8 inches from the bottom there's a bar which run across the width of the seat, just pull it up

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
maybe someone has take the spacers out as that makes it difficult to move the seats

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Is the handle completely loose? If so probably snapped or if your lucky disconnected, might be worth taking the seat out to have a look?

Mines went on the passenger side, snapped cable, tried but failed miserably to put a new one on but wasn't too bothered as you can still work the seat, if you feel down the back about 8 inches from the bottom there's a bar which run across the width of the seat, just pull it up

thats what i had to do with my 1.2. but on the 172, if you just pull the handles up as far as they can go, (feels like they are going to snap) the seat will pull forward. think the cable must be strectched

Renault Clio
This happend to both my Clio front seats the cables were snapped. the best way is to take the seat out which is 4 13 mm nuts underneath the car then once seat us out you gave to pull the fabric up on the back of the seats then u can c where the cables fit in to place it's s bit tricky and fiddily but it shud only take about 2 hours start to finish. Hope that helps :)