ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat Belt Receiver Recolour?

'07 Campus
Hey all,

I'm doing some small cosmetic changes to the inside of my non-sport clip and I had a question.

The red on my seat belt receivers, thanks to 12 years of sun and wear, are now faded and rather ugly looking. I think some of you will know what I mean as I've been told its common.

I'm curious if I'm legally/MOT-lly allowed to respray them a different colour? I like the idea of yellow (for obvious Renault reasons)

Could I just marking tape them up and go to down with a spray can?

Thanks in advance

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure its a safety feature for them to be red in all vehicles.
You could however hit them with a heat gun and return the original glossy colour

'07 Campus
Anyone able to confirm the legality of painting them yellow tho? I just noticed the middle one on my back bench is actually black

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Have to be red for european standards due to safety. Just heat them up with a heat gun to bring out the colour. Just do it very gradually as bringing all the oils to the surface can make things brittle

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Anyone able to confirm the legality of painting them yellow tho? I just noticed the middle one on my back bench is actually black

The black one is to make it a 3 point belt, the one you’re supposed to use to get in/out is still red.