ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat air bag light

I have recently put some aftermarket seats into the car, Sparco R100s. Having done this on the dash I noticed that the air bag warning light was lit up. I know this is an instant MOT fail.. I was wondering if anyone knows a way of getting the light to go out?

Apparently you can buy a relay which makes the ECU think the seat is plugged in.

Really need a hand with this so any fixes will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I have recently put some aftermarket seats into the car, Sparco R100s. Having done this on the dash I noticed that the air bag warning light was lit up. I know this is an instant MOT fail.. I was wondering if anyone knows a way of getting the light to go out?

Apparently you can buy a relay which makes the ECU think the seat is plugged in.

Really need a hand with this so any fixes will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

get a 3.3ohm resistor (m3r3) from maplin and put it in the connector. Sorted. There is a how to in the guides.

Thanks for the linking me
mate... Unfortunately that's for the MK2 and I don't have the pretension attached on mine so don't have a clue how to set about it hahaa. Cheers anyway mate :)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
woops, didn't notice your car. Measure the resistance over the old seats and do the same thing though