ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sealey pressure bleeder VS820... hassle!!

182... again!
Having had this for a few years now and used it successfully quite a few times...

A warning to check yours!

The pick up pipe in mine doesn't reach to the bottom of the vessel...by about 20mm, so it seems I've been lucky in the past, whereas a month ago it pushed air into the MC and ABS on my 182 ?

It was set on a level surface and still had pleanty of fluid left in it, I thought! I wouldn't expect it to get every last drop of brake fluid from the bottom, but 20mm!

Sealey aren't bothered about what is clearly a design or manufacturing issue, which makes it even worse!

My suggestion if you have one is to check where the pick up pipe ends and perhaps like mine, add a red line marking the minimum amount, which equates to about 1/3rd of a litre.

What a hassle getting this sorted out...don't be like me ?

Thanks though to many people who've posted info about brake bleeding hassles and how to use Clip, as well as the Renauly manuals ?

182... again!
These seem like a right faff! Glass jar and a long piece of silicon tubing is all thats needed to bleed brakes successfully IME.
Done that too, but need another bod and keep an eye on resevoir level! In theory, the pressure bleeder should be easier and now I know it's weak point, hopefully it will!

182... again!
Never had issue with mine.
I normally just put 1ltr in too.
Rekon your pipe has somehow shrunk?

I usually use a litre too. Hadn't thought of pipe shrinking, but maybe it has. Seems to be made of hard plastic, like the main vessel, but yeah maybe! Never leave fluid in it either.

Took it apart to see if it had risen up or something, but it's screwed in from the top and seats properly.

Hope no one else has same hassle!

Clio 182
I was using mine today.
Got as far as hooking it up and then noticed the locking wheel key was missing.

So packed it away.
I’ll check the tube on mine and let you know.
Shame this has happened to you as it’s a rather expensive unit.

182... again!
Great video...thanks for that! Mine is slightly different in that the pick pipe attaches to a screw in brass fitting, so it would be easier to change it. Looks like the correct HDPE pipe is tricky to get in anything less than industrial quantities, but will have a proper look.

What a shame it isn't right to start with though...for the sake of 20 mm more pipe!!