ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SD Memory Card Problem?????

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Been looking at my mates Sat Nav. Says fault with Memory Card. Put in my card reader and it detects card but cannot access it. Properties say it's RAW format. It should be FAT but I can't seem to do anything with it, wont even let me reformat......is it f***ed???

172cup
One of my SDHC cards does this ocasionally. It is a 'cheaper' version, not sure if that is something to do with it (i beleive there are only a handful of factories though), Problem started when i used it in my Windows Mobile Phone. Still works in the phone, but nothing else.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
RAW format? Has he been using it in a digi camera and re-formatted it?
He says he dropped it......yeah right oh i thought......he's no techy. It's his original 256mb sat nav card. I fitted a 1gb card and copied the data to it last year. Can't understand what he's done. Is it possible to convert back to FAT?

172cup
i can convert my cards through XP as per normal formatting.

If it fails there, then probably fooked. Can happen by overuseage (adding huge files, deleting, re-adding continuously, having more than one source reading from it at any given time etc etc)