ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scuttle Panel - Drivers side drainage plug location - Pls help

V6 Clio
Hi All

I have unfortunately suffered the same fate as many on here and have discovered that my driver side foot well, under the drivers seat and towards the rear of the drivers side are soaked. I guess with this glorious weather we have had recently it has made the situation a little worse. Anyway, I have done my search on here and found many very helpful posts about how to resolve the situation, it looks and sound as though one of my drain plugs under the scuttle panel might be blocked with road dirt, leaves or just general dirt.

As the leak seems to be coming through the center console and dripping right by the foot rest within the foot well it would suggest that perhaps the driver side plug is blocked as I guess the water is coming through the foot well heater vents. Unfortunately I can not seem to locate the plug for love nor money. I have have managed to bend my hand and wrist in positions today I didn't even know were possible and I still cant locate the plug. A lot of the posts I have read suggest that it would be fairly easy to find and I will be able to feel it. However no such luck.

Please please please can someone help me locate the drain plug on the drivers side? Pictures, description maybe even a map. Anything would help.

Thank you in advance!

Ps - before discovering the leak within the foot well the heater resistor also packed up, which I think may be related to the excess water gathering under the scuttle panel.

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Worth checking the central outlet drain first, it has a rubber flip-flap, you can't see it but you can poke you finger in and give it a good seeing to, if it is a blockage here then you should see it peeing outa there.

Get your hand down the back of the engine about in the middle, down along the bulkhead sound deadening till you feel this hole in the felt.

carpet2_zps2d40419f.jpg

This is the source of the trouble - filling with water, you can see the drain hole, if that gets blocked, you will have to remove the plastic scuttle, you'll be lucky to see the drain but you can feel it.

drainchannel_zpsd65f1634.jpg

There are other drains on either side or the scuttle which exit at the back of the wheel arch, but the above is the easiest task to try first.

Hope this helps, more rain on the way - and its a right pain to dry out the padding under the carpets
Good luck.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Under the heater matrix there is a drain valve with often gets mud in it. You will need to take out the heater box to access it. Remove the black bulkhead panel in the engine bay, 3 bolts around the heater box and 2 accessed from the interior under the dash.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Under the heater matrix there is a drain valve with often gets mud in it. You will need to take out the heater box to access it. Remove the black bulkhead panel in the engine bay, 3 bolts around the heater box and 2 accessed from the interior under the dash.

Thread bump.

Do you need to remove the dash to get at the interior bolts do you recall?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Thread bump.

Do you need to remove the dash to get at the interior bolts do you recall?
Nope you can see them under the dash.

I would take out the wiper motor and then you can remove the couple of bolts which hold the end of the heater box on and it should slip off, allowing access to the drain.