ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scuttle clips

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've been trying to find a few replacement clips but as some are missing I'm unsure what Im looking for.

I want the scuttle cover clips that go into the to wings for the scuttle to push down onto and the turn screw ones that hold the s. cover to the bulk head. I'm also looking for the grille to slam panel clips.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Type “Renault body clips” into amazon. There is lots and lots to choose from in a variety boxes.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
The wing to scuttle inst just a clip though is it? Doesn't it pop in leaving a stud to clip the scuttle cover to

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The wing to scuttle inst just a clip though is it? Doesn't it pop in leaving a stud to clip the scuttle cover to
There are 2 of those 8mm clips , one on each scuttle panel next to the wing. Also the passenger side scuttle panel has a clip that pushes into the wing just under the windscreen. I can't remember if it's part of the scuttle panel itself or not. Tbh , you don't really need that clip , it clips under the windscreen with those big white clips that are part of the scuttle panel itself, plus the 2 x 8mm clips hold it firmly in place. Then you have 2 x 8mm clips for the front grill.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'll strip the wipers and scuttle covers off and see if any of the white scuttle clips are knackered as it's not sitting flat to the screen which annoys me. Cheers for the help mate

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'll strip the wipers and scuttle covers off and see if any of the white scuttle clips are knackered as it's not sitting flat to the screen which annoys me. Cheers for the help mate
Those white clips are usually tight as f**k , maybe the're a bit knackered or broken? I don't know if you've taken windscreen wipers off before ? If you haven't give them a good soak in wd40 and get yourself on of these ball joint separators. If you haven't got one already.
https://www.halfords.com/workshop-t...GZ0DZ-XjC-GvWFLJ2AHcKqO4bzNJnX7RoCuywQAvD_BwE
Sounds like you've got alot of niggly little jobs to sort out.

I saw your post about your coolant temp sensor. Does your guage go up and down eratically ? When I bought my 182 back in 2006 I'd only had it a couple of weeks and mine started to dance about going up and down like a yo yo . I can't remember now if it caused my fan to kick in , but the idle was eratic . It was a bit loose and just needed a bit of a wiggle , it's been fine ever since ( 12 and half years later ) . It's under the airbox on the side of the engine block.

Good luck get it sorted mate .

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Yeah I've bought a bit of a project sh!##er, I was expecting a few issues just not as many as I've found but it will keep me entertained.

I have taken the wipers off a 1*2 before so I have a ball joint separator