ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scum superglued door handles shut and poured on bodywork

Focus RS + S3
As title really, asking on behalf of a mate whos going through a rough patch (lost their dad in an accident 2 weeks ago :( )

its a 14 plate fiesta ZS so hopefully it wont need paint
its gloss red if this makes a difference,

ive had a quick search, will it need wet and drying and then polished up?

i was going to suggest petrol?

but i really dont know what to suggest, just want some ideas to try help him out

got access to a rotary if needed

thanks

Focus RS + S3
He just showed me it now, he managed to get most of it off with AG paint restorer or something, but its damaged the rubber seals around the handle but thats easy enough to sort

it isnt as bad as i thought tbf but still annoying,

they did his neighbours cars so i sont think it was directed at him

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ah okay. Hope he sorts it, crap luck after what happened.
Some people are just utterl retarded. Why would anyone want to do this to someone, bizare.

Focus RS + S3
Cheers guys,

i posted the thread before i saw the car when he rang me, sounded a write off on the phone as he was describing it lol , didnt get any pics as it cant really be seen as much now, just paint feels really rough to the touch

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
No idea what it would do to the paint (I'm assuming it will eat that too) but whenever I get superglue on my hands I get it off with nail varnish remover. If it's plastic that it's on you'll need acetone free.

Like I said I have no idea what it would do to the paint as I've never tried it. Someone hopefully might know.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I don't see the harm in using nail varnish remover, seeing as you'll be sanding anyway.

Might even be worth trying to shave it off with a razor blade. Pics?