ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Screwing on number plate

Hi all,

I have just got a new plate for my car and the sticky pads do not manage to keep the plate on. Tried heavy duty velcro pads and the sticky pads supplied. I think this is because i have the facelift MK2 clio which has a curved front bumper. So now I want to screw my number plate on, however I'm not sure on the best way of lining the holes up. Any advice on the best way of making sure i screw the holes in the number plate in the right places? I was thinking bluetac on top of the holes, line the plate up and stick the bluetac to the plate. From there mark the positions. Think there could be an easier and more obvious way though. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Megane 225 f1
Drill the holes in the plate first, then hold the plate up in position on the bumper and drill the hole in the bumper going through the hole in the plate. If you haven't got a very steady hand blu tack the plate in position while you drill

Unfortunately I don't have the old plates anymore. Didn't think about drilling new holes in the bumper, I may give that a go! Cheers guys

Inferno 225 cup
3m Velcro pads> everything else.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250518242664

ybyda3yv.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, stick on Velcro works best, can remove the plates to clean behind them too then ;)