ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Screech noise after fitting cup shocks

markus1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 ph1
The noise occurs when driving over speed bumps at moderate speed, and it comes from the front end.
After first installing, there had been very bad vibration while stating still and turning the steering wheel left/right, so the mechanic trimmed about 2-3mm from the upper mount (new one but non sport version) and the vibration disappeared about 90%, and there is still some vibration sometimes.
While searching the web for solution, I saw in the spring fitting manual that there is no reference of the small spacer that comes after the upper mount, as in my car it was installed and it is now also fitted.

So - does the spacer should be fitted? Should I order a new set of genuine sport version upper mounting (60 00 073 600)?
Is it something related to the ball joints? :weary:

p.s wheel alignment tuned and perfectly sets.

Thanks

monaco 172
Might be worth getting the correct top mounts and bearings.

I believe the spacer is a mod which somebody made to stop the strut knocking on full lock.