ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scratching noise on a brake discs

Hello there.
One week I'm driving my Clio MK3 estate for a few months, last 3 weeks it's sounds like a scratching somewhere on a brake pads or disks, not sure.
Have been at a garage in Walsall today, just on a way to shopping centre... He lifted up my car, inspected it... Nothing been found unusual around brake disks. "Can't see anything that can make that noise" ((( that mechanic been testing the car on a road for a bit, still not sure. On his opinion possibly rear brake disks with bearings gone. So I ve ordered some on eBay, cuz Renault price 250+ instead 90(

What you would advice to check or pay attention to, please?

Thanks. Any opinion very welcome.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Could be wear indicators on the inside pad scoring the back of the disc or even just debris stuck between pad and disc. Just run your fingers around the back of the disc feeling for score marks.

Could be wear indicators on the inside pad scoring the back of the disc or even just debris stuck between pad and disc. Just run your fingers around the back of the disc feeling for score marks.
Wow, sound easy, will try tomorrow to clean it. Wear indicators... Possibly, but brake pads looks thick enough, 7-10 mm.
Ta

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk