ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

scratches to windscreen

ph1 172
The previous owner of my car had some cheapo wipers on the car.

They are so crap and the blade is not long enough so the plastic tip has made nice scratches up the side and along the top of the screen in a nice arc.

They arnt too deep, is there anything i can do?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
If you know anyone with a rotary/G220 etc, megs #85 polish works well on glass and should sort out light scratches.

ph1 172
I know somebody with a rotary polisher...

Ive got some Farecla G10, would this do the trick?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Never used it myself mate, so can't comment! If it's heavy cut (#85 is 10/10) then it should work. Would check the bottle to see if it mentions use on glass.

106 GTi
Frost.co.uk sell glass polishing kits. Any real scratches that you try and remove will just deform the glass in doing so - I would use your insurance and just pay the excess for some new glass.

ph1 172
ive got some G4 and G6 so i could do this, but i also have a few stone chips so i might just leave it and get insurance to do it sometime!