ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scraping!!

MINI Cooper S
I have a mk2 ph1 clio with 17" megane nervasport wheels on it. So far thats the only mod thats been done. When i have 4 people in, theres a scraping noise when i pull off, and when i go round corners. i want to get it lowered but im worried that if i do, then it will scrape all the time. Any ideas why its scraping? It shouldnt because its so high up!!! Any solutions will be much appreciated!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Look at the inside rear, of the rear wheel arches, you will see the plastic liner all scraped.

It can happen even with the standard wheels its very tight.

MINI Cooper S
The tyres are 205/40/17. So if i dropped it 40mm would it get worse? Anything i can do? thanks for the responses so far:)

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
its only going to get worse if you lower it.

Check with Edde or Fred about spacers.
Ive never fitted 17,s

MINI Cooper S
Well i think the front are ok, but my mate at work who fitted them (i work at a Mini dealership) said that with spacers they may struggle to fit on, not sure whether this is for the front, back or both. Im off next week so i might take the back wheels off and have a play if the weather picks up.