ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scraping from back with passengers

Clio 172 Sport
hello again, as the title says when I have passengers in the back and an empty boot (aka trunk) I noticed a scraping sound. (Clio 172) Probably the tyre rubbing the wheel arch liner no doubt.

What would really help would be ideas of what tends to be the problem with the clio. Are there bump stops that perish or have springs had enough etc

Thanks in advance

Clio 172 Sport
Standard wheels and original springs. Not sure on spacers only had the car a couple of weeks.

Proper fast reply mate thanks

RB Clio 182
Mmmm, im not sure then mate, I have a 182 but that didn't scrape with standard wheels and springs with people in the back.

Maybe you could try some 5/10mm rear spacers, it wont be scraping on the outer arch if theres no spacers as the wheels are sunken quite far in the arches.

Have you checked to see if your arch liners are seated and fitted correctly? Maybe you will spot where the tyre is catching the arch too.