ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scotch Pads...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Everyone always talks about using these to prep things, rather than a fine wet and dry paper, just wonder what they are? After google'ing I've found this thing that resembles a washing up sponge, but surely that can't be right?!?!

Are they really ok for prepping something to paint? (something with no scratches etc)

Where do I get them from?

Skoda Fabia vRS
yup thats what they are, we go through hundreds in our bodyshop

£9.52 for a box of 10 from Renault, 7711222065

lots of diff ones available but thats the ones our lads like to use

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Any particular ones better than others? I imagin there is probably something better and cheap than whats made by Renault! lol!

Are they much better/easier for keying up a surface that has no damage then?

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
Dependant on what its for there are four types of scotch in the 3m range, green no good really unless cleaning s**t off the underside of the car, then red/purple good for keying up to tape lines and for solid colour, grey good for finishing off round the edges and keying blend panels, then orange really fine and good for cleaning up after the grey.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's not just as easy as scotchying something, all dependent what it's for.

Skoda Fabia vRS
Any particular ones better than others? I imagin there is probably something better and cheap than whats made by Renault! lol!

Are they much better/easier for keying up a surface that has no damage then?

Renaults entire bodyshop range is actually of a very high quality, its all made by Ixell, trade discounts are available

Clio 172 RS2
3M Scotch pads! Gotta' luv 'em...

I always use water when 'scotching' things up.
Like you do with wet sandingpaper.