ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scorpion SRN019 - Awful fitment!

Hey guys.

Got shot of my Yozza last week and picked up a second hand SRN019.

I've spent hours under the car...but its impossible to get it sitting straight. Passenger side tail pipe sticks out a good 2cm more than the drivers.

Literally at the point of ripping the bloody thing off!

It note is perfect, so really keen to get the fitment right.

Anyone had any luck???

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys.

Got shot of my Yozza last week and picked up a second hand SRN019.

I've spent hours under the car...but its impossible to get it sitting straight. Passenger side tail pipe sticks out a good 2cm more than the drivers.

Literally at the point of ripping the bloody thing off!

It note is perfect, so really keen to get the fitment right.

Anyone had any luck???

Sell it

Scorpion exhaust dont seem to fit very well

I would go k tec for a all rounder

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The mounts might be off, does the exhaust line up without it being bolted to the car??

Yep. But it looks like the centre pipe need to come over about an inch in the tunnel. But then if doesnt tie up with the Cat

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
It tight, it's takes a lot of wiggling to get it close... The bumper can move on brackets and you can bend it out so the pipes look even..

Much of the time the bumpers been knocked in making it look poo..

320d
I had a SRN019 on my 182 and the fit was great. I wasn't as handy with the spanners back then (no expert now by a long chalk) so I got a garage to fit it and they got it spot on.

The exhaust note with a decat is perfect.

Well that's the dilemma...I spent weeks listening to videos to get the sound I wanted. The resonated srn019 is perfect....just fits like crap!

Might see if an exhaust place has better luck under the ramps than me

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Take it to one the builds or can can bend pipes..

The 192 I have I feel needs a tweek on one of the bends but I managed to get the pipes to look respectable. It was a lot cheaper than a full new oe exhaust so was overall happy..

I still need an extra middle hanger support but my silicon filled rear rubber hangers are still perfect, couldn't recommend them enough.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had a Scorpion on an old 182 and I could never get it to fit properly.

And years ago I had one on my Rover 220 Coupe and the f**king thing used to bang the floor like mad.

I won't ever buy another one!

Clio 2.0 182
Ive just fitted the same exhaust to my 182. mine fits alrite, i had to loosen the clamp and pull the backbox away from the rear beam as it was hitting it when going over bumps. I have replaced the rubber in the back box mounts to powerflex rubber mounts and drilled custom holes in them to align exhaust properly. Mine is sitting perfect now.

When it's not pissing down i'll go take some pictures and upload them here for you.

Hope this helps,

Jordan.

Clio 182
Re reading this thread i realise i may have been slightly hasty. My scorpion fits well on the rear, back box fits nicely, its the center section and decat i have issues with.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Re reading this thread i realise i may have been slightly hasty. My scorpion fits well on the rear, back box fits nicely, its the center section and decat i have issues with.

Hanging down? That's why we needs the support innit..

I phoned up for one but they were done for the day and said they would call back in the next day... I was asleep and 3 months later u haven't tried them again..

It's the only thing wrong with the scorpion i have..

Clio 182
Hanging down? That's why we needs the support innit..

I phoned up for one but they were done for the day and said they would call back in the next day... I was asleep and 3 months later u haven't tried them again..

It's the only thing wrong with the scorpion i have..

Nah, still sagging even with the hanger. I now have a milltek centre and decat connecting to my scorpion back box. Perfect now!