ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

scorpion exhaust rear beam

Clio 2.0 182
Hi all,

just had a scorpion exhaust fitted and the back box is hitting off the rear beam, i have taken a look under the car and there is hardly any gap what so ever between the back box and the rear beam.

what is the problem and the fix?

Jordan

Teg
Got any pictures pal?

The back box on SRN019 does sit very close to the rear beam or do you have the RS192?... Is it definitely the back box hitting or is it the exhaust pipe that runs over the top of the rear beam knocking?

What are your exhaust mounts like? Did you replace them when you fitted the new cat back?

If the back box is hitting the rear beam you could undo the centre clamp that attaches the centre pipe to the back box and pull it out slightly further so it gives a little more room between the rear beam and back box.

Clio 2.0 182
Thankyou,

I will get some pictures tomorrow morning in the daylight and upload to here.

Thanks

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Definatley sounds like SRN019 backbox, they are abit of a s**t fit.

Do the tailpipes line up at the back correctly or is one slightly off to one side?

Clio 2.0 182
I jacked the car up today and undone the clamp connecting the back box to the centre section and slid the exhaust back away from the rear beam, its still close to beam but its not going to rub now when weight added to car. So hopefully all is well now :)

Clio 2.0 182
Tailpipes align alrite, i used the rubber mounts below, replacing the shite Renault provide.

exhaustmount3.jpg