ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scorpion exhaust cracks???

Clio 182 2005
Been under the car this morning trying to sort my blowing exhaust (cat to centre silencer join) looking at the front face of the silencer there seems to be what looks like small stress cracks forming in the stainless steel, has anyone else had similar with stainless systems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
RS 192? It's a common problem and they added a flexi to stop it happening on later versions.
ad2389371babd2cc0d16005415966241.jpg
32826fd1a3e91b01dc2413d86088235b.jpg

Clio 182 2005
Yes 192 and the cracks look very similar but not quite as bad - yet.. thanks

Clio 182 2005
Is this the one advertised on scorpion site? Think I will be doing the same next year. Just hope that it’s not too loud

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's because they are so bloody heavy. I dropped lucky on a newish centre for £45 delivered. Been on a few months and seems OK still. In not going under to change it again anyway [emoji16]

Clio 182 2005
Thanks for the replies chaps, seems these cracks are the cause of the exhaust blow rather than what I thought was the olive joint

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
My toyosports centre section did the same. I ran a bead of weld around it and then put a smear of high temp silicone on it.

Mine had a crack in the same place, they replaced it for a tubular style centre section, been fine since - touch wood. pics in my project thread somewhere.