ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SchwepTek Cup Take2!

SchwepTek™
Thought i'd best put a project thread together which i can update and keep track of my progress.

As many of you know, this is now my 4th Clio but I thought I would buy a PROPER cup this time! ;)

I bought the car off a guy called Chris who is on here and was very local to me. The car is also known around Bristol, which I found out after buying it! It was pretty much standard other than a set of Apex springs, which will be changed shortly!

So the day I picked it up, I had silvervisions all round and CS sticker on within 10 minutes of getting it home! I also cut down the standard aerial by removing the top bung, chopping a length off and then putting the bung back on again. :cool:

web.jpg

Some of you may notice the front bumper being different! It has had the washer blanks smoothed and i'm not sure whether to drill these back out and refit some blanks if I can get hold of them. What you reckon?

I have ordered a new set of number plates including shorter height front plate, a Skoda splitter and some Bosch Aero Wipers, which are all yet to turn up in the post!

Then JR decided that he would begin detailing/correction. Its too cold for paint correction at the moment but he gave a good clean one night last week...

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

And a sneaky pic with his 172...

web.jpg

He also corrected my headlights by wet n drying and machine polishing...

web.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

web.jpg

And the results -

web.jpg

Also decided to give the rear bumper strip a quick spray with matt black as it was looking fairly grey!

web.jpg

This lot then turned up, which was fitted with the help of Lemonnobby off here. The steering wheel is such an improvement over the standard wheel. And yes i know it needs a clean...

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

HIDs are actually not that bad either, have had them properly aligned but will probably change them to projectors in the future.

I also added a set of RS mats and my Pioneer MP3 Headunit to the interior, which is pretty much finished apart from seats!

And thats how it stands until I can get out and fit the remaining bits!

Plans remaining are -

1) Fit and Align H&Rs (already bought)
2) Fit Brembo Max Discs (already bought)
3) Fit Pagid Blue Pads (already bought)
4) KTEC Recessed Supersport Exhaust
5) Recaro Trendlines
6) Fit standard chrome diamonds to Turini centre caps (already bought)
7) Wheel Refurb

Just like to say a big thanks to Justin And Paul with all there help with the car so far!

Cheers

Schwep

Last edited:

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
u guna do something different with this one or join the bumder i clean my car shiney shiney crew? im thinking u need boost or itbs in your life

PH2 172
MENTAL........ Thats my old clio schweppy the one i sold before i got the LY 197, What did you pay??

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I love you man, awesome motor as always, in the time you've had four im still on my first :)

Clio
Looks nice mate.

You should have rang me, I had a Clio for sell I would have done you a very very good deal on.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
crusty did you part ex it down city? who else has owned it then?
looking good i got to say when we were looking about this was the tidyist we had seen

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looks nice dude. Some good plans too. What steering wheel is that?

Call me a genius, but I THINK, infact this is just crazy.... MAybe i'm completely wrong but i'll have a stab at it...

Renaultsport Sabelt???

Blind c**t.

SchwepTek™
LOL yeh Will, steering wheel does need a clean but i got it cheap and it improves driving 1000000 times!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Looks very nice :)

When you say H&R's i take it you mean coilovers? (great choice ;) )

The front bumper does look a little naked with out the washer blanks but as the bumper has allready had the work to have them smoothed over i'd just leave it. No Point spunking £80 donw the drain for the blanks (or what ever they cost)

SchwepTek™
Yeh i know, thinking the same dude.

And yep H&R coilovers. Cant wait to get them on. Got your guide printed out funnily enough! :)

SchwepTek™
You should have cleaned the wheel before putting it on you tart. I am really liking cup's lately though... give me leather and I'd be away!

LOL its only 6 screws. I have no idea how to clean it. Was just gonna get another early next year hah.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Get some Auytoglym inteior cleaner from Motaman, spray it on a cloth andclean your rim like you're wanking furiously.

Honestly, it will come up like new. x

SchwepTek™
Get some Auytoglym inteior cleaner from Motaman, spray it on a cloth andclean your rim like you're wanking furiously.

Honestly, it will come up like new. x

Legend! Thanks dude. Will have a good session on the weekend. x

SchwepTek™
Bit of an Update but no pics yet.

Decided to make a DIY Maxogen so have an Espace V6 Airbox with ITG Filter in it ready to go on. Will get this fitted and some decent pics over the weekend.

Also fitted some standard diamonds to the Turini centre caps, removing the yellow ones...

Oh and some snow...

web.jpg