ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Schrick cams

What do you think about them?
They have some sirious duration timing (288/280), are they suitable for road?

Whats the power band and how is idle?

Do you need uprated spring valves or something?

Thank you

I think they come in a variety of specs for road, fast road, track and pure race use. Dependng on spec will depnd what you need.
Best ask Yozzasport as they these cams and will have more details there demo cars runs them I think.

2005 Nissan Navara
depends on lift as to whether u can retain stock springs etc

theres no point going stupid with cams unless you have decent headwork and other modifications

only one cam for a 172
(lift 11.42, duration 288/280, timing 19-89/70-30)

just got an email from schrick saying they are OK for road use and need no other parts changing.
I want to use them on my stock engine, only mods are BMC CDA, matched inlet and a decat. Expecting more torque and wider power band.

Lionel Richie
thats what we use, Schrick are the best cams available IMO (they do most of the F1 stuff)

awesome cams, all our demo cars run them

check out our website for details, or e-mail us for more info

cheers Fredrico

dnatuning.com
Fred I think you have some bad information there.

All the F1 teams do not outsource any engine components anymore, things have changed in the last few years, so it's hardly a valid claim, lets keep all claims valid and non bs eh!

i said that last time.

And shrick have a tendancy to overstate their advertised durations, must be something stupid like the geometric start of the flanks, even before you get to a ramp. Not a chance in hell a true 288 deg cam will idle on the std ecu's idle strategy.

dnatuning.com
During Veyron development Audi AG still owned Cosworth....

It's the same as all retailers, bs, bs, bs, just depends who bs's more! :p

FredYozzasport said:
oh well, as they say in essex, woteva!

best cams available anyway IMO

care to donate a set so i can do some acceleration, velocity and harmonics analysis and get back to the forum on it ;)

williams and trophy
Ali said:
a couple of hrs, some1 told be it was close to 8hrs labour?

hmmmmmmmmmm have they ever heard of ratchets?? sounds like they undoin evry bolt with their teeth

portal172 said:
Don't you have to take off the front bumper or something ridiculous like that?
Yes and no you need to get to the cambelt to get to that you have to remove the aux belt to do this Renault say remove the front bumper but you can do it with the bumper and drivers side light in place it depends how you want to do it.

dnatuning.com
I'd hope anyone changing cams also replaces the belt while they're at it, common sense to do so really unless anyone is cutting cornewrs, but reason why they should.

Book time on a cambelt change is 5 hrs and on a cam change is 7.5hrs at your main dealer apparently.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
its not a simple job on the 172, care has to be taken with the belt fitting and correctly torquing down bolts etc

fitting the pullies is also worth taking time over, they have to be fully degreased and cleaned before re fitting

I guess if you rushed it it could be done faster, but why risk not doing it properally...

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
I was told the harmonics sounded like westlife live.

BenR said:
care to donate a set so i can do some acceleration, velocity and harmonics analysis and get back to the forum on it ;)