ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scary Brakes

clio 182 black /gold

Right my car is booked in tommorow for rough idling and missing firing and popping on warm up. Any way on my way home from work i thought i would take the motorway as a diffrent way home, so i gets on the motorway and start to over take my mate at about 75ish in 5th gear and it started to missfire. So i put it in 4th and floored it to 90ish for a few secs. I carried along at 70 - 75 till my junction, when i was going down the slip road i pressed the brakes and nothing happend, so i pressed harder and harder untill i thought the car was about to lock out but nothing, luckly it seem to stop about a foot over the line. There ok now but has anyone else had this?Sorry about the essay. Lee

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I think a few people have said something similar, m8. Thats friggin scary... :eek: And if youve been on the motorway like you say, the brakes should be nice and cool - not over-cooked and useless.... :confused:

D.

Ultra Red Megane R26

I had this problem, turned out to be a sticky caliper. I took it in moaning, checked it out for about an hour while I waited and then refused to give me back the car as it was deemed dangerous! They replaced it under warranty.