ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saxo VTS oh my lord....

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Just got a Saxo VTS for £300 local to me.

First owner had it until 2016 with apparent good history, 94k on the clock, the guy I got it off has owned it since and not particularly looked after it and lost the history. These are so basic it really doesn’t matter. Dents scratches the usual on body.

However hasn’t got any major rot so to speak, has some surface bits but it’s not structural. Will find the correct alloys and I would rather find a good silver dona car with better labels/bumpers than go down paint route.

Let’s see where this goes ???

142D676C-1EE9-403E-9804-EBED20CCFB4B.jpeg

Last edited:

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I know right I think it’s his ? it has phase 1 wheels but it’s a phase 2 car.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Managed to pull carpet up, check rear wheel arches behind trims and had a good look on underside. Defo a gamble but as said, for £300 cares ?

Used to own a Saxo VTS myself. Absolutely loved that car and it went like a rocket with basic breathing mods. The closest driving experience I've had to the Clio 172/182s and in some ways better.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Had a 106 GTI myself, loved it until the headgasket went, for the second time, Pugsport exhaust and raceland induction, done :)

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to getting it back on the road. Exterior is not great tbh but not many of them are. Just a little worse than the average.

Many years ago when I was looking for my first car (1.1 Fiesta ghia yo) I went to a birds house who'd upgraded to a VTR, it was a sort of burnt orange colour, it looked great! I've never seen another one in that colour.

I had a VTR and a VTS at the same time. The VTS felt like a massive performance upgrade and was much more enjoyable to drive. This was due to the power delivery which was a lot revvier, plus it didn't have ridiculously long gear ratios like the VTR did.

I had a Saxsport exhaust on my VTS and induction kit. Hit 134mph on the way to the 'Ring too (GPS speed on Sat Nav)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I was gonna get another to run as a daily before I bought the 360.

‘Never been welded mate’ but the mot history told a different story!

4E66650F-B8C3-49EB-923A-E2DA5BE5A536.jpeg
0E832A6F-594F-4040-8BBD-DE3B54120E81.jpeg

They are getting a bit more of a modern classic status - especially the ph1 ones.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that’s my mates. Cracking little car. I never liked the ph1 until he brought this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s proper nice! This will never be like that one ?