ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saxo turbo

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Popped up last night on Facebook. I don't know why but I really l really love saxos.

This ones 181bhp mapped on the standard ecu;

693A5B20-D5E4-43E0-9BDE-ABB5B1E6DE13_zpskn4pu10l.jpg

1C58E5DE-81B8-4C82-9CC9-3A833E5BECCB_zpsf1cu3qoe.jpg

463A8EC1-F7BE-4162-A515-AA0C01741DBB_zpsheptky7z.jpg

B370D47E-0AE6-44B2-BA1F-FDDE144BAF38_zpsmbdg1sck.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Standard VTS wheels, destickered and them standard headlights. Winner.
My mate had a boosted VTR. Broke ALL the time. How does the 16v take being boosted? 180bhp it's got to be fairly low boost?

I'm sure it would be a very fun little car but in its current state it looks awful and i'd be ashamed to be seen in it. In standard guise it would be a nice little sleeper though!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Ah, morettes. Back in the days...

Not for me. I much prefer 106 GTis these days. Have such a better image.

320d
They're a guilty pleasure of mine too. Almost got one five years ago but I got an insurance quote I could afford on a ph1 172 so got one instead.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I remember back in the days there was a guy who had a Red VTS (can't remember the name of the colour, wicked?) and replaced all the parts and got every nut/bolt powder coated and detailed it to death. Fisher I think he was called, it was a decent spec too. Nice car

An orange one
One of my best mates still has his GMC'd supercharged 106gti, he's spent an utter fortune on the damn thing and hasn't even driven it for years, just sits gathering dust now, I'm sure it was around 340hp. I went in it once, and I'm sure my nail marks are still embedded in the seat lol.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
One of my best mates still has his GMC'd supercharged 106gti, he's spent an utter fortune on the damn thing and hasn't even driven it for years, just sits gathering dust now, I'm sure it was around 340hp. I went in it once, and I'm sure my nail marks are still embedded in the seat lol.

Is it a blue one?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Fcuk, that must shift. How come he doesn't sell it?

An orange one
Fcuk, that must shift. How come he doesn't sell it?

Dunno really, he would sell I think but he would lose thousands upon thousands, I think it's a car that will end up stripped for parts again and sold standard. Shame cause it's a pretty epic spec. It's just on the verge of being too unreliable though. Id take it back into the 2's and not have to worry about destruction at any point.

Megane r26
I loved my old Saxo vtr, was me first car back in 2006 at 18!

Even that was fairly fruity by the end, piper fast road cam, race land manifold and magnex system with green cotton ram scoop lightened flywheel and head skimmed to maximum tolarance to try and get a little more compression and mapped by chip wizards

I had a very understanding gaffa that let me built it all in the workshop at the garage I was working at

22122007015.jpg

The finished product which I thought was rather tasteful

FBD65576-004F-49E8-86BE-C600DF2443A1_zpst6jtjui5.jpg

An orange one
Any pics of it mate? I probably remember from all the mags 'back in the day' :wink:
I remember your old one too.

I haven't any on my phone Craig but next time I'm at his I'll get a few pics, it's never been in any mags etc not really his thing to be honest. There's a couple of vids on YouTube of it running at Kirkbride airfield but looks to have been filmed on a 3210 Nokia lol

I haven't any on my phone Craig but next time I'm at his I'll get a few pics, it's never been in any mags etc not really his thing to be honest. There's a couple of vids on YouTube of it running at Kirkbride airfield but looks to have been filmed on a 3210 Nokia lol
I'd love to see pics mate, I often wonder what happens to all of these cars where people spend about three times the purchase price on mods.

- runs off to see if fat Diane & Peugeot Ecosse are still in business.

- f**k me, they are!!! I thought they'd have been long gone!

Peugeot 308
I've had a few VTS's and think there awesome little cars...
Whilst yes they are a little chavvy, the same could be said about about 1*2's tbh

Megane r26
I've had a few VTS's and think there awesome little cars...
Whilst yes they are a little chavvy, the same could be said about about 1*2's tbh

Yeah I think the fact from new Citroen would throw in free insurance and low rate finance when they were new made them appeal to the youngsters at the time and that made them so popular.

Also underneath the image there was a cracking little capable hot hatch!

Yeah I think the fact from new Citroen would throw in free insurance and low rate finance when they were new made them appeal to the youngsters at the time and that made them so popular.

Also underneath the image there was a cracking little capable hot hatch!
It's pretty mad how you rarely see any Saxo VTR / VTS's around anymore, I guess most of them were written off.

Megane r26
It's pretty mad how you rarely see any Saxo VTR / VTS's around anymore, I guess most of them were written off.

I think they get into the trap where they become cheap, owned by people who really don't give a monkeys then become uneconomical to repair.

Do an ebay search there's hardly any, I remember a time when pistonheads used to list over 700 for sale!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Phill off here bought one the other day for £600. Nothing wrong with it, nice clean straight vts. Just not economical to repair anymore.