ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saxo tape player

Hi all

My girlfriend has just bought a Pioneer headunit (6400) to replace the crappy standard one in her 1.1i Saxo. However, we cant get the existing head unit out of the dash! The car didnt come with any release tongs so we have been trying to remove the tape player with cotton buds. The unit just doesnt wanna budge though!

Is there anything else that we could try (no slide remarks about Saxos please ;) ) or does anyone know where we could get hold of the release tongs?

Willy2

or two thin watch type screwdrivers for either side, go with the coathanger its easier, you may have to push down with some force and cotton buds cant take that much force.

the real tools are meta. How do you expect cotton buds (made from the most supple plastic) to work! lol...

And saxos are an insult to french car drivers and french people! lol

Theres always one isnt there!!!

I tried using cotton buds because thats all I used to remove the standard cassette deck from my Clio. They worked a treat! Oh well, I took your advice on using a wire coat hanger and we eventually got the thing out. However, we also needed a screwdriver, and a set of pliers!!! We destroyed the thing in the process. First of all, the front facia broke off, leaving just the unit in the dash. Then, because the unit was such a tight fit, it was just a case of taking it out in bits! It took three of us about an hour to evetually get the unit out. Ive never seen anything like it!!!