ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saw this last night, what do you think?

Mountune Tractor
http://www.portsmouthcarsales.co.uk/72784/used-cars.htm

Good points -

Low Mileage
Paintwork seems pretty good
Full service history

Bad points -

Not sure how many owners it's had
driver seat is badly worn on the suede (bum and back)
wheels are slightly kerbed, nothing too bad though

When I looked at it last night it was up for £4595 which I instantly laughed at, checked the website this morning and it's down to £4295. I still think it's overpriced though.

Mountune Tractor
media

media

media

media

media

3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 63,000 miles, Black. Colour coding - Body, Full Service History, Metallic paintwork, Remote locking, half leather seats, Colour coded bumpers, ABS, Alloy wheels, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Radio/Cassette, Side airbags, Radio/CD, Rear headrests, Alarm, Drivers airbag, Electric door mirrors, Front electric windows, Front fog lights, Height adjustable drivers seat, PAS, Rear electric windows, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Body coloured bumpers, Front head restraints, Heated door mirrors, Remote central locking, 3x3 point rear seat belts, Space saver spare wheel, Isofix child seat anchor points, Heated front seat, Air conditioning, Central locking, Headlight washers, Folding rear seats, Lumbar support, Sports seats, Trip computer, Steering wheel reach adjustment, Audio remote control. Insurance Group:16, what a lovely well looked after little car, in gorgeous black with sparkling silver alloy wheels, renault sport crested seats with suede trimings, she goes great so pop on down £4,295
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/common/ola/help/carshelp.jsp#glossaryterms

Mountune Tractor
nothing wrong with buying private. Lots of cars out there, some minters on here.

Oh definitely, it's just a personal preference of mine. Would rather pay a few extra quid knowing I have some back up from a garage.

Jeeez, there's models like that up for £2800-3400

£2800 is underpriced for a car like that imo. £3400 is more like it for a private sale and add a few extra hundred because this is from a garage. I'd be surprised if it wasn't under £4k in a few weeks.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Oh definitely, it's just a personal preference of mine. Would rather pay a few extra quid knowing I have some back up from a garage.

£2800 is underpriced for a car like that imo. £3400 is more like it for a private sale and add a few extra hundred because this is from a garage. I'd be surprised if it wasn't under £4k in a few weeks.

Nothing wrong with that, but just be careful of used warranties, lots of parts arn't covered and they'll do anything they can to wriggle out of it. The money you'd probably save buying private would pay for a good service and point out anything that may need doing. I'm lucky as i'm a mechanic so it doesnt worry me as much though. I'd take someone along who knows Clios well.

Mk5 golf gti
back up from a grage means nothing alot of cars i see from local garages are shocking overpriced and falsely sold warranty
not all obviusly, but id rather see who has owned the car and how its been looked after

Mountune Tractor
Nothing wrong with that, but just be careful of used warranties, lots of parts arn't covered and they'll do anything they can to wriggle out of it. The money you'd probably save buying private would pay for a good service and point out anything that may need doing. I'm lucky as i'm a mechanic so it doesnt worry me as much though. I'd take someone along who knows Clios well.

Yeah fair point but the last 172 I bought had two major failings 2 weeks after I bought it - one was the climate control and the other was the throttle body which were both sorted by the garage at a big cost. As soon as you drive off after buying a car privately you are on your own. I'm lucky that I know what to look for on the 172's.

back up from a grage means nothing alot of cars i see from local garages are shocking overpriced and falsely sold warranty
not all obviusly, but id rather see who has owned the car and how its been looked after

Again a fair point but I would only buy a car if I was happy with the dealer.

lol, good effort mate.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Thats cool. Just working for a main dealer, I see alot of people get fleeced by used warranties. As long as you know what your looking for and thoroughly read the warranty paperwork you'll be fine.

If your after a 172 on the south coast 172boost, I have got to sell my brother Monaco in the next couple of weeks (im based in Bournemouth). Its an 03, 64k, was owned by a motorsport engineer and he has spent thousands on it, PM me for more details and photos, it will be advertised under £4k, it is the ultimate ph2 172 it needs nothing spending on it whatsoever.

Black Clio GT
if you can get him down to £3500 ish and the warrenty is actually worth the paper its written on, you have got a good deal imo