ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Save Donington/East Mid meet

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Basically a company called Donnington Leisure Limited or something used to lease the track from the Wheatcroft family. But when they lost the F1 deal they lost funding associated with it and went into administration. So the Wheatcroft now run as well as own the track. Its the Son who is in control now we saw him getting interviewed on camera on the day :)
Was that him? I wander who the guy in the condom was.

182 S
It looks like the day was good fun, wish I could have maid it!

Just out of intrest do you know how much dept they are in?

Was thinking if all the members chipped in a bit of cash, we could buy it and have our own private cliosport.net track. Free for members to use and we can open it up for trake days to make enough money to pay the costs of running it :approve:.
spoke to a woman there and they need £600,000 to finish the track! dont no about debt! think we might be a bit shy of that figure if we had a wip round lol

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
It was a good day,the mrs got bored quite quickly but dont they all,the track is in one hell of a mess but did you notice there weren`t any spectator stands and no large facilities i think the "600,000 " quoted will need to be double or tripled to look any where near as good as silverstone.It was great watching the organisational skills of luke,mind you did get to know adam`s mrs while waiting,and my dog was loving all the attention so all in all was fun.One last thought i`m more of the west midlands than east i hope you guys dont mind me turning up to your meets,they are just better than ours,lol

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Ok i`ll take that,am enjoying your meets,ladybower was awesome and now ive been to donington.:approve:

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
As i understand it the day wasn't originally organised by the track owners, so if that's right, it's not really their fault it wasn't great.

Any one got a high res version of mine and Lauras car? I'm looking for a new background
I've only the 2. Inferno is like the sun. Don't look at it for too long.

3058309.jpg

3058342.jpg

Last edited:
  2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
hehe! like the wheels dave there 2 around were i live now common inferno cups! :(

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
some good pics :) but where's the one of me raping dave?!

Clio 182ff
Basically a company called Donnington Leisure Limited or something used to lease the track from the Wheatcroft family. But when they lost the F1 deal they lost funding associated with it and went into administration. So the Wheatcroft now run as well as own the track. Its the Son who is in control now we saw him getting interviewed on camera on the day :)

This is correct - they say it will take £600,000 to complete repairs thou, ouch!

S4 Avant
Good point actually, I could have sworn I'd processed that. :S Might not have been sharp enough, so I'd have rejected it. I'll have a look later if I remember/can be arsed/care.

What the hell were you doing on here at 20 past 7 this morning?!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
can't beleive what they've done to that place, its such a good track too.

Last edited: