ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sat Navs..Are they worth getting?

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I've got a TomTom One, not the re-designed one, but the original.

Nice'n'slim. Looks good, fits easy and most of all, with this particular model you don't experience any problems getting the GPS signal. With inferior models the signal can be screwed up by the athermic (heat reflective) windscreen.

Its fast too. Like it.

They have there advanatges and disadvanatges. WOrst thing is you get dedicated I cannot drive on my own to some places as I've forgoteen which was to go you follow what the stupid system says. Mines tried to send me all over to stupid [places up one way streets in the past.

I'd buy another though on reflection.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Worth it in my opinion. They are good when you are going somewhere you havnt been before and some little chav has pulled the signpost down lol.
Wouldnt be without mine now :)

1.8 RSi MK1 Superchipped
so worth it, I got the original tom tom one too and installed the speed camera locations onto it... first few trips to unknow places and got me to slow down, so paid for its self in possable points and fines.

its soo handy when meeting people or picking them up or dropping them off.... just need a post code and ur done....

BMW 330D
Couldnt do without mine now!. Really are worth getting mate!. Type in a postcode and your off!. Tomtom seem to be the most popular, but ive got my dad a garmin i3 for christmas as he asked for one after seeing my sat nav in action.:approve:

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Anyone got the latest TomTom map of Great Britain?

I drive over 'fields' when I'm on the A1 near the A1/M62/M1 link near Pontefract.:mad:

And my home road's not on the map too.:dapprove:

PM me if you can help me out, I've got TomTom One.

James

A red missile
I've got a TomTom One, not the re-designed one, but the original.

Nice'n'slim. Looks good, fits easy and most of all, with this particular model you don't experience any problems getting the GPS signal. With inferior models the signal can be screwed up by the athermic (heat reflective) windscreen.

Its fast too. Like it.

Same here, cant really see the point in spending more money, has loads of usefull features, typical example - when i took the car down to Rentech in June i got there early so when i was near i just got it to re-direct me to the nearest petrol station, then the nearest McDonalds, being from Bradford i dont know Portsmouth too well so it was worth its weight in gold that day. As has already been said most of the time you dont need it but when you are going somewhere you dont know its makes life so much easier. Just takes the stress out of going to places you dont know.

The womans got a fit voice as well :)

tiTTy & SV650
my wee garmin i3 is great for £99, cant fault it.

Would be nice to have a touch screen but u pay more for that luxury.

Mini Cooper S sport
I think they're worth it and I want one! I've seen the Tomtom one for £167 including delivery which is great. PC World are doing the Tomtom Go 910 for about £350 which I think is good value.

If I don't get one for Christmas (and I'm not expecting to!) I think I'll invest in one in the New Year, they're getting cheaper all the time.

Astra coupe
definatly worth it. used mine loads going to new places. works a treat, I've got medion nav 4 or something on my pda and i've got tom tom 6 on my n73, just need to get the bluetooth reciever.

Renaultsport Clio 172 Ph2
there definatly worth it because for the same price as a decent camera detector you can get a tom tom one! youi can get the latest camera database for £2 so jobs a good un! you get both things in one unit!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i use tomtom 6 on my phone. woldnt be without it! perfect if your taking a bird out fo the first time and have to find her house, going for job interviews without worrying about getting lost, picking things up from folk, or just getting somewhere your unsure of.

they arent perfect but they are pretty good!

also helped us no end on the nurburgring trip!

Banana
I think my wee Garmin i3 is great. Always gets me to where I want to go, never let me down. It's good for driving unknown roads fast too, coz you can see hairpins etc on the map before they arrive!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Aren't Halfrauds doing 50% off all Tom Tom's and other Sat Nav's per their TV adverts? Certainly worth a look if this is still running? I recall today being the last day?

Tys.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Anyone got the latest TomTom map of Great Britain?

I drive over 'fields' when I'm on the A1 near the A1/M62/M1 link near Pontefract.:mad:

And my home road's not on the map too.:dapprove:

PM me if you can help me out, I've got TomTom One.

James

Ive got the TomTom 910 and i have the same problem. My house isnt on it but both neighbours are :(

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
halfords are doing 'up to 50%' which probably means 50% of their shittest one and 10% off the rest! lol

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
no good if ur stuck in a city center looking for a specific place tho is it with nowhere to stop :p

RS Clio 200
awesome things - just dont get a cheapy. i use my tom tom for work stuff every day, never fails me

fiesta 1.25
Got a tomtom go 300 could live without it i use it evrywhere i go bad thing is ill never know how to get around without one!

Mazda MX5 1.8
mine only gets used about 4/5 times a year for locating hotels and stuff

but for those times alone its more than worth it! nothing worse than getting the gf to try and navigate lol

tiTTy & SV650
always worth remembering dont leave it in sight in the car, boss got her window smashed today and tom tom one stolen.

chased the cnut, never caught him though.

mine always stays hidden when not in use.