ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

santa pod times (today)

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

what was everyones times for today?

my best 14.86 @ 92.36 mph standardish 172 full fat (nothing taken out, not even spare wheel) k&n relocated and foglamp air feed, scorpion cat back and a mildly played with inlet manifold.

would be intersted to know the times for other standard 172s

also i was having to snatch 4th just before the line, was wishing i was running slightly larger wheels, then maybe i could hold on to 3rd.

Nissan Jewk

I turned up for a couple of hours on my bike.. was very tempted to stick that on and get a 10 second run!

About the same as I got in my standard mk1 172 a couple of years back. Got a 14.6 or two a few weeks later with a decat pipe fitted. Good time though.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

I only managed 15.24@89.45mph! which was my fastest time out of about 15 runs i had.
Car was completely stripped out but took half the day to get the hang of how it all works and getting my starts perfect.
But it was my first time on the strip and i had a brilliant day.
2 cups both got mid 14s i think.
Definately be up for going again on another rwyb

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

I got a 15.475 @ 90.15mph which was my fastest time out of 15 runs! Every car I was up against I lost to :cry:

Flaming Monkey got a 14.01 with usual zorst, decat filter mods and with cams... only timed tho, no remap... 2.0 60ft time too! :eek:

Northy got a 14.8 in near std Willy.

Martin got a 14.02 in the Nana

cant remember anymore... anyone know what Matt got in the ginger beast?

Zorba, from what people were telling me the surface at POD is much grippier from the line hence being able to get better times than york... only thing is knowing how many revs to get the launch right, but Flaming Monkey went from a best at York of 14.7 to 14.01 :eek:... still cant believe how good a run hes done! lol

Mehdis runs were awesome too, Ben should be well pleased :D

Polo GTi

hehe yeah my best time of the day was 14.018@96 my 60ft time was 2.048, was running 14.8s all day then suddenly my spidey sense tingled and 14.01 it was :D Not bad for a bucket of rust hehe

Top day out raced a Cup, Mustang 5.0, Scooby, Willys, etc, excellent surface at Pod compared to York this was my first visit, Ill be sticking some vids up soon as.

[Edited by FlamingMonkey on 7/17/2005 1:00:41 PM]

Suzuki SV650

My best was 15.147 @ 90mph and that was on my 3rd go! Only did a few more 15.1s the rest were sub 15.8s. Fouled once on my second go and got a 16.8 :oops:

Considering Ive never been 1/4 miling before I was pleased with a 15.1 in a full fat mark 2 172 with an ITG Maxogen (probably should have put the airbox back on for this day?!) & de-cat pipe, had the back seats & spare wheel out. I got the launches fairly sorted as I managed to beat most things off the line.

Gonna get my blowing exhaust sorted out and maybe some inlet manifold work & ECU, then Ill definitely be going sub 15 secs and trying to catch up with the Cups and Willys out there.

My best was a 16.3, cant remember what teh car ran before, it was either a 16.6 or a 15.6, full fat, i cant believe it was a 15.6 seeing as its an RSi with 110 bhp.

Quarter miling os boring tho, after about 8 runs i was bored to tears, incidently my best run was at 10am, when it was colder, and was against a megane 225, it was only 1.8 secs faster then me, and that was my second run, and i got shed loads of wheel spin

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 17 July 2005

Zorba, from what people were telling me the surface at POD is much grippier from the line hence being able to get better times than york... only thing is knowing how many revs to get the launch right, but Flaming Monkey went from a best at York of 14.7 to 14.01 :eek:... still cant believe how good a run hes done! lol

Mehdis runs were awesome too, Ben should be well pleased :D

gob smacked with mokeys time (your names rob yea?).

And i am happy with mehdis times, very.

Quote: Originally posted by benji&eka on 16 July 2005

my best 14.86 @ 92.36 mph standardish 172 full fat (nothing taken out, not even spare wheel) k&n relocated and foglamp air feed, scorpion cat back and a mildly played with inlet manifold.

also i was having to snatch 4th just before the line, was wishing i was running slightly larger wheels, then maybe i could hold on to 3rd.

LMAO at standardish (you didnt happen to own a valver/willy hybrid did you lol) My standardish Cup (exhaust/rsport ecu) does 14.2@101.

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 17 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 17 July 2005Zorba, from what people were telling me the surface at POD is much grippier from the line hence being able to get better times than york... only thing is knowing how many revs to get the launch right, but Flaming Monkey went from a best at York of 14.7 to 14.01 :eek:... still cant believe how good a run hes done! lolMehdis runs were awesome too, Ben should be well pleased :D

gob smacked with mokeys time (your names rob yea?). And i am happy with mehdis times, very. [/QUOTE]

Yeah man my names Rob :), Im gobsmacked too by the time, I was running 14.8/9s most of the morning, then after lunch it ran 14.0, to be honest that is the best time I could ever achieve in this car in this trim, think it was more luck than anything as Martins car ran a simliar time 14.0 and his is quicker on the road, was a good surface though at Pod, much better than York, roll on remap time :devilish:

Mehdi was running some awseome times, he did the 13.4 against me, abosolutly beasted me hehe.

Jan and the Northy brothers ran excellent times for Willys, with decats 14.8 and 14.9s.

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 17 July 2005
to pickup almost a second is just totally mind blowing though.

Yeah I agree, had a very very good 60ft 2.048 think this must of helped, usually my 60fts are about 2.2/2.2
although the amount of practice I had, I manged to get in 25 runs, the place wasnt packed and you would only be in the queue for about 2 mins then your racing.

Elise/VX220/R26

sounds better than york waiting about for 3 hours to get 2 runs in. Might have a mission down to pod, cant be arsed going to york cos of the bad organisation even tho its only 40 mins from my house

audi S3

sorry to say i only pulled 15.176 and my reaction time was.314 with a 2.454 60ft time. sham i was running a with full kit i.e sub amps the full shabang i was happy as being my first time on a strip. top day every one cant wait till next time the crazy thing is i just about made it home as i used most of me oil getting there and on the track :eek:

must say clean16v car is off its f**king NUT top bloke as well he was the one i raced when i got me good times cheers fella :D

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 17 July 2005

LMAO at standardish (you didnt happen to own a valver/willy hybrid did you lol) My standardish Cup (exhaust/rsport ecu) does 14.2@101.
its still fairly standard tho... not like hes strapped a turbo on it... lol

so its official, the Williams is the fastest Clio Sport... we already know it handles far better too ;)

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Good times guys-well done Flamingmonkey! Will come up one day,pity its so far from Devon or id be there allready.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

was a good day nice to see u... was dissapointed that after all the hype he gave j3ned didnt beat the rtoc record which now stands at 11.5 for a fwd gtt !!! thats f**king shifting lol....

most noticeable cliosport car there yesterday for me was the 16v on tbs noise it made was LOUD lol....

clios were defo the noisiest cars there couple of cups sounded like bumble bees lol....

was a great day and i tryed my best to kill my car (less said about that the better....)

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 17 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 17 July 2005

its still fairly standard tho... not like hes strapped a turbo on it... lol

so its official, the Williams is the fastest Clio Sport... we already know it handles far better too ;)
exactly.. but watch this space, just got rid of my other car to concentrate on his one.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I hear the 172/Cups/182s got owned by the mk1 boys?;) hehe

I ran 15 14.1s and 5 14.0s....bastid 13s....grrr!

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 17 July 2005
was a good day nice to see u... was dissapointed that after all the hype he gave j3ned didnt beat the rtoc record which now stands at 11.5 for a fwd gtt !!! thats f**king shifting lol....

Yeah we heard you going on about Matts car when we walked past you, shame you couldnt say it to his face. Ah well maybe next time. Weird really you never know whos listening in, what time did you run yesterday by the way?

EVO VII

i ran 14.8 @ 92 mph full interior e.t.c, de-cat and full exhaust system standard filter.

my aim is to get into the 13s ;)

MK 1 172s rule again :D

( runs and hides )

Quote: Originally posted by FlamingMonkey on 17 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 17 July 2005

Yeah we heard you going on about Matts car when we walked past you, shame you couldnt say it to his face. Ah well maybe next time. Weird really you never know whos listening in, what time did you run yesterday by the way?
dont worry about it, hes always talking big.

When all he really wants is to lick foreign gooch and get cosy on leather back seats with small chinese boys.

sex offenders list i say.......its all the cookie dough he uses to entise the young ones.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 17 July 2005

I hear the 172/Cups/182s got owned by the mk1 boys?;) hehe

I ran 15 14.1s and 5 14.0s....bastid 13s....grrr!
i didnt, to be fair though what have you mk1 boys done to your cars compared to my totally standard apart from supersprint decat? and im running 14.8 im sure a few more choice mods and us cups would be owning you guys,

also i done ballcrusher and matt wills so ner ner ner ner.............

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by FlamingMonkey on 17 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 17 July 2005was a good day nice to see u... was dissapointed that after all the hype he gave j3ned didnt beat the rtoc record which now stands at 11.5 for a fwd gtt !!! thats f**king shifting lol....

i would of said it to his face, im not the 1 that was bigging myself and my car up that he was gonna do big things and make a wicked time... i wasnt the only 1 that was questioning his car... lots of people on rtoc have spoken about it... he said it wasnt possible for a gtt with 235bhp to run 12.1 andrew cook yesterday ran a 11.6 and today a 11.5 has a rolling road graph of when it was mapped at 200bhp lol.... it clearly isnt that power but either way, he was claiming 350bhp or whatever and couldnt come close to the times some people were doing...

i might of been talking about his car did u also hear me say fair play for doing all that work and making it the car it is, its clearly not slow, but its not prooven what he is saying atm has it ?

its all fine and well saying i have this spec and its this power and i am gonna be doing this time, actually prooving it is somthing else ! if what i said upset you or you thought it would upset j3ned you should have said somthing to me or got j3ned to come over for a chat, i have no problem saying im impressed with the work that has gone in to it, and i appreciate the car... just didnt think giving it the big i am was a good idea seeing as he couldnt proove it on the day....

bit like king stromba on another forum saying he could beat anyones time that they could do in their car, rach from rtoc agreed to do a run in her car, and then let him do it in her car if he won, she agreed to a forefit... yet he didnt turn up did he ?? clearly he realised there was a chance he could loose.

i ran my clio and its f**ked now lol did 2 runs, second run put a bleedvalve on, and on the test run to see what boost i was running it went off the gague at 20psi... and then did a run at 17psi and the clutch was slipping got a 16.7 lol but then i wasnt claiming i would be running low 12s and beating anyone on rtoc...

and ben its not just any small chinese people i wanna be on a leather back seat with ... its just u
;)