ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Santa Pod - Fast show Sun 21st March

ibiza cupra
was going to go with a few mates from work but im off to see tiesto live so wont be able to make it :(

Never above 25mpg
maxpower1.jpg

LOL.

Mk2 Clio dci
i'm heading up there with a few mates.
might take the twingo down the strip see what it can do, never been up it before!

Phase 1 Clio 172
im going down with my club all being well i fix the clio should be down in that if not im stuck with a ford hire car :(

albi 197
lol I'm off to this, not actually been to the pod before, is the queue to get in anything like trax? The clutch on my 197 is prone to breaking when being stuck in traffic jams for over an hour lol.

172 Cup
my m8s goin down and is 'apprently' racing down the 1/4 mile pedalling on a 3 wheeled childrens trike, against others to win a scooby lol! :eek:

Inferno 182 Cup
I'll be down on Sunday with a few mates, I'll be having a blast down the 1/4 to compare times with his VXR corsa!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just got home, never knew they were that many crap cars out there but there were a few nice ones, well maybe one.

Worth going for the strip though, my first time going and enjoyed watching the runs, especially the jet engined dragster which was insanely fast and loud.

ITB'd MK1
scirocco was AWESOME

Lots of high ends crashes today though :( dont think i'd seen so many accidents in one day before. Crossing the line sideways at 169mph with an 8.1 second 1/4 and putting it in the wall as got to piss you off

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
scirocco was AWESOME

Lots of high ends crashes today though :( dont think i'd seen so many accidents in one day before. Crossing the line sideways at 169mph with an 8.1 second 1/4 and putting it in the wall as got to piss you off
Saw that, at least he got a good time if thats any consolation.

Worst luck was the ibiza tho

ITB'd MK1
i didn't see the ibiza, i was queing for food. Heard it over the tannoy though, sounded like he did well to miss the other out of control car, but ended up in pretty bad shape

Megane R26 + 182
What happened to the ibiza? Jenic was it you i was talking to while you waited to go on the strip? Told you i had a 182 too and compared mods etc???

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
What happened to the ibiza? Jenic was it you i was talking to while you waited to go on the strip? Told you i had a 182 too and compared mods etc???
Nope, i didnt go on the strip.

Guy in the left lane lost it and spun, the ibiza in the right lane braked and swerved and hit the wall. If the ibiza had kept it straight I dont think he would of hit the other car as he kept it mostly on his side.

Ibiza was parked up later bumper off, some chassis damage and fluid leaking, not good :(

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
guy i know from back in rtoc days who now has a rx7... he ran today, black one plate H8 NOS... green cage etc... road legal... 9.9 sec pass @130mph... rotaries are s**t though :p

Mk2 Clio dci
loads of crashes today, was pretty good action though!
Didn't get round to running the twingo though - def next time!

My mate phil won the subaru p1 on the pedal bikes aswell, lucky bugger!!

Twingo RS Cup
Yeah I didn't run my twingo either, cue was huge and I couldn't be bothered to wait. Good show, I only seen one 182 in the line for the strip..Racing blue with white turinis