ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sanding a 172 phelum inlet

Car SOLD :-(
After some advise please.

Busy sanding my phelum chamber, but how on earth do you effectively sand between the 'Renault sport' lettering. I have tried using a dremmel type detail sander on its lowest speed setting, but it is taking chucks out:dapprove:

Do I need a small diamond tip attachment?
Anyone who has done this? Any help greatly appreiciated.

Chocolate Bar™
you cant. Take it to a machine polisher who will get as close as possible to between the lettering

Chocolate Bar™
again i thin its only a job for a machine polisher, for how much they charge isnt worth the effort

again i thin its only a job for a machine polisher, for how much they charge isnt worth the effort

Thought you might say that. Thanks for the advise guys.

Middo: Will you have a spare un-polished engine mount for sale soon!;)

Audi TT 225
Dont use a fricken dremmel you'll gouge the metal so deep it will take forever to sort it out. I know you'll think AHAAA! This will save me hours if I use it but you'll just end up making a mess.
120 grit paper will easily take the worst of it off. Rip it into little pieces and fold it a few times.

Im doing one for a mate at the moment

P5100003.gif

Only use a dremmel for polishing and buffing

PH1_172
im trying to get mine like that but its taking me an age using sandpaper and my hands, im starting with harsh sandpaper and then moving to the finest but its just lookng very dodgy at the moment any advise please, any tolls i can use or some compound that will help,

ps its also buggering my manicure up :( lol hehehe

im trying to get mine like that but its taking me an age using sandpaper and my hands, im starting with harsh sandpaper and then moving to the finest but its just lookng very dodgy at the moment any advise please, any tolls i can use or some compound that will help,

ps its also buggering my manicure up :( lol hehehe

I've been using a Mouse sander, with finer and finer grade papers. Also been using a dremel type thing on the lowest speed with a smooth grinding stone BUT you have to be ultra careful.

It also buggered up my manicure:rasp:

If you can find someone to machine polish it, do it!
I have tried 5 places locally and no-one will touch it:dapprove:

PH1_172
bummer, i know theres metal polishers in essex might give them a try

ps sorry bught your manicure hehehe ;)