ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SAN Switch Fabric - HELP!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Right, I'm going f**king mental I swear. This s**t should just work.

Two blade chassis, each with two Brocade 4Gb FC switches. One HP 4/8 b-series at the top of the cab for each.

Ignoring the devices directly attached to cab 1 to start with, as they're fine. WHY THE FEWK am I not able to change the domains on these switches? As they're all showing as 1 (Enclosure switch 1), 2 (Enclosure switch 2), 3 (switch at the top of the opposite cab!). Obviously Enclosure 2 needs to be Domain 4, 5 and the switch in that cab 6, but I can't disable the switch so it won't let me change it! Where do I have to disable this chunt to get it to work?!

I'm going mad - been at this since 10 yesterday morning and not slept.

dk

911 GTS Cab
so in the gui, you go to where you set up user accounts and add licences ets, think its switch options??? next to zone admin anyway i think (not got mine infront of me but I am doing this in the morning anyway so i can look then)

then there is a page where you can reboot the switch, on that same page is the disable button, this then allows you to change the domain id.

You only need to have different domain ID's in the same cascade though, as you can have 2 cascades of 3 switches and both sets be running 1, 2 and 3 (or i like to number the other set 10, 20 and 30 normally).

hope that helps, unless its the fact the disable button isn't there or can't be clicked?

what firmware are you running? TBH, i though the broccades these days sorted out domain id's when you tried to cascade anyway to prevent segmentation.

let me know if this helps.