ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samcos, Powdercoated Strut brace and Engine Hook Fitted

VRS
Finally got my strut brace back this evening so popped it back on :D

since the last pics of the bay i have fitted the samco coolant hoses that i bought off tim (cheers fella :))

they were a lot easier to fit than i thought and only took half an hour or so :D

ive had my strut brace and engine hook thingy (lol) powder coated blue :)
the strut brace was originally black but because it was sprayed, the finish on the paint was starting to go dodgy from the heat and it looked cack :(

the finish on the powdercoat is top notch :) and can withstand upwards of 200degrees so it should stay mint :)

the colour match isnt perfect but i still think it looks good :) my brother in law didnt have an exact match at his work so went for the closest blue he had!

piccies:

strutbrace001.jpg

strutbrace005.jpg

strutbrace002.jpg

strutbrace003.jpg

strutbrace004.jpg

cheers

andy

M2 Competition
Looks good fella :)

Any vids of the itg running? Have never heard one, want to know if its worth the money.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Looks a different colour or is that just the pics!

Not bad wee guy, grey cambox cover next??

VRS
Looks a different colour or is that just the pics!

Not bad wee guy, grey cambox cover next??

read the post princess ;)

its more of a baby blue but its the best match my bro in law had at work :)

its weird cos in some light the car look the same colour and in others it doesn't lol

VRS
Looks good fella :)

Any vids of the itg running? Have never heard one, want to know if its worth the money.

i can get a few vids done 2moz if you want to matey? what are you after? open bonnet,closed bonnet front? in car driving?

its quieter than a viper (which im glad of) and it sucks like a mofo lol

if you hold your hand near the trumpet whilst its ticking over your hand gets sucked onto it :D

andy

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
lol

i give you a week before you buy a chrome header...;)

we need to arrange a meet with Mark, yourself and me...get some pics before FCS when all the prep is complete.

Chocolate Bar™
you two know it makes sense. unfortunately i'm rapidly running out of money as ive got to save for the insurance, and theres loads of stuff i want.

looks mint andy, but im always saying that, so its getting a bit boring lol

M

mini-valver

Looks fantastic mate! Carbon or RB oil cap would finish it off I think........and a header tank ;)

VRS
lol

i give you a week before you buy a chrome header...;)

we need to arrange a meet with Mark, yourself and me...get some pics before FCS when all the prep is complete.

a meet soon would be good fella, plus i need someone to vid some drive byes for the pepparami meister :)

you two know it makes sense. unfortunately i'm rapidly running out of money as ive got to save for the insurance, and theres loads of stuff i want.

looks mint andy, but im always saying that, so its getting a bit boring lol

dont worry matey im skint as well, all this getting a mortgage think is expensive :(

all my mods are budget mods from now on lol

when are you free for a mini meet dude?

Chocolate Bar™
disappointed with that last comment lol

did i mention i saved you a couple of racing blue airbag stickers for your dash inserts?

Chocolate Bar™
oki dokey. will get back to you when ive eventually run those bits down the metal polishers

Breaking A 172 Replica
That does look awesome Andy.

Where does a header tank go :S? What is a header tank?

Middo - all has gone through btw, cheers bud :)

Sam

VRS
That does look awesome Andy.

Where does a header tank go :S? What is a header tank?

Middo - all has gone through btw, cheers bud :)

Sam

sam

its the yellowy coloured bottle attatched to the bulk head at the back of the bay, bailey do a polished stainless steel one but its 100 quid :(

Breaking A 172 Replica
Oh right, the one that stores the coolant?

Do they also sell PAS fluid tanks too?

It would look cool I guess.

There was some guy on here saying his friend can make alloys parts like this. Can't think for the life of me what his name was though. Do you know who I mean?

Sam

VRS
Oh right, the one that stores the coolant?

Do they also sell PAS fluid tanks too?

It would look cool I guess.

There was some guy on here saying his friend can make alloys parts like this. Can't think for the life of me what his name was though. Do you know who I mean?

Sam

yeah i know who you mean matey, a few of us said we would have one if he got some pics up so we could see the quality but that was the end of it :( he hasnt posted about it since then :(

MY04 Scooby STi
Does look very nice, have you had any issuses with the paint being rubbed off the sound deadning underneath the bonnet?

VRS
Does look very nice, have you had any issuses with the paint being rubbed off the sound deadning underneath the bonnet?

i removed the sound deadening for that exact reason fella

the fluff of it was sticking to the paint on the brace, so i replaced it with dynamat hoodliner and jobs a good un :D

Im getting some parts made at the moment andy - Top notch stainless battery covers, throttle body covers & fuse box covers made of billet aluminium

will let you know when they are sorted.
went to get the part number for the badge last night but then realised that I have given all the reciepts for the car when I sold the car so cant give you the part number mate - sorry - my fault should have done it quicker.
All I did was went to renault and asked for the renault sport badge off a clio 197 - took 2 days to arrive

looks good by the way - you need a samco bend now as well - lol

VRS
Im getting some parts made at the moment andy - Top notch stainless battery covers, throttle body covers & fuse box covers made of billet aluminium

will let you know when they are sorted.
went to get the part number for the badge last night but then realised that I have given all the reciepts for the car when I sold the car so cant give you the part number mate - sorry - my fault should have done it quicker.
All I did was went to renault and asked for the renault sport badge off a clio 197 - took 2 days to arrive

looks good by the way - you need a samco bend now as well - lol

the badge is sorted fella :D

and yeas, deffo keep me posted on the alloy bits :)

i was talking to middo about his samco last night, i was saying that if i had got one at the price he paid i would have swapped but if samco are retailing at 65 the i will stick with the hillpower :)

have you had a look a an r26 engine yet fella ;) its time to get polishing again :)