ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Safety devices roll cage help

PH2 Clio 172
Hi guys

im in use process of installing a 6 point cage in the clio but have run into a problem. With the rear hoop in and where I think it goes the weld in plates do not sit anywhere near flush with the floor. Also the rear bars to the arches look to sit a bit far in.

Ia it just a case of grinding the plates so they lie flat against the floor again.
Any tips or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Heres some pictures to show what I'm on about.

172 Cup
Heat them up and bend to shape? the rear legs will pull tight once you tighten up the nut and bolts.

PH2 Clio 172
Heat them up and bend to shape? the rear legs will pull tight once you tighten up the nut and bolts.

I don't think they will bend as there boxed plates.
Heres some pictures.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 151
  Civic FN2 Track Car
I wouldn't worry too much about the feet on the wheel arch as when you bolt it down those brackets will bend to contour the arch, the boxes for the roll over loop don't look too bad, I must say mine were perfect fit, if there is a small gap ( couple of MM) you should be able to weld that up. Pop a couple if tac welds in first with the plates as snug In the corner as you can and make sure you can get the cage in and the bolts line up ok then go from there.

PS good luck welding the drivers side front plate it's a b**ch!

PH2 Clio 172
Thanks for the help guys. will grind them down so they fit a bit more flush.
One last thing. did you drill and bolt the rear arch feet before wedling the feet in or after. it seems that the rear feet are the datum points and everything lines up and fits off this?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Build the cage up in the car and position everything front feet centre feet and make sure the cage is pulled towards the back of the car so the rear feet are on the arch, and the centre feet are as wide apart as possible (you may need to force it out a little, I used ratchet straps.
tack weld all the feet in then remove the cage again to weld them in properly, once you have done that you can put the cage back in and then centre punch the holes for the rear feet on the arch hit then hard so you can feel the point from the inside of the arch then centre punch them back and drill from inside the arch
(This is the way Mark Fish told me to fit it )

This is how I made sure the cage was pulled into position
IMG_0882_zps27e6600b.gif

Clio 172 (CUP)
Build the cage up in the car and position everything front feet centre feet and make sure the cage is pulled towards the back of the car so the rear feet are on the arch, and the centre feet are as wide apart as possible (you may need to force it out a little, I used ratchet straps.
tack weld all the feet in then remove the cage again to weld them in properly, once you have done that you can put the cage back in and then centre punch the holes for the rear feet on the arch hit then hard so you can feel the point from the inside of the arch then centre punch them back and drill from inside the arch
(This is the way Mark Fish told me to fit it )

This is how I made sure the cage was pulled into position
IMG_0882_zps27e6600b.gif
Your pic doesn't show, I'm interested as I've still got this to install myself ;-)