ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

safari and youtube not working on Iphone 4.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
All seemed fine yesterday. But then in the evening safari refused ot work. When you press the icon it opens with a blank screen, nothing in the address bar and stays open for say 2 seconds at most.

Exactly the same when opening youtube app. Just stays open for 2 seconds approximately. Email does it intermittently and will also shut down.

So this begun about midnight last night so couldn't be arsed with it. Tried closing all the apps down and hard reset etc. No joy.

Plugged it into my macbook today and did a sync and got the updated firmware. No joy. Still does it.

Worth backing up and then doing a full back to basics reset? Anyone else had this problem?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
iLOL'd at this 4chan banter.
Wtf was that in English!?! Lol I've spent 3 mins trying to work out what you wrote!

LOL'd harder at this lack of interwebz knowledge.

My old 3G had a similar problem, doing a full factory reset thing fixed it.

BMW F31
iLOL'd at this 4chan banter.

LOL'd harder at this lack of interwebz knowledge.

My old 3G had a similar problem, doing a full factory reset thing fixed it.

Ok so I googled it. I thought I was geeky, but that is uber geeky lol! It still doesn't really fit in the context of this thread, unless Seb was confused by the 2nd poster.

Still, very confusing, I'm out! Lol

Last edited:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i didn't really get post 2 in the thread. hence my post.

anyway... anyone heard of this? shall i do a full ''format'' or reset of the iphone?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I had it on old FW with safari once. Just gave it a soft reset and it sorted it. Hold home button and power button until it does a reset and you get an apple symbol.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
how do i take off my contacts from my iphone so i can restore it.

I went to the apple shop this morning and they wiped it and it seemingly worked again. I went and put my back up on it and it doesn't work again... :/

Thinking this may be linked to my recent format of the macbook? But then this issue with my iphone happened before I had formatted my macbook and plus I hadn't synced it for several months as had no need to.

So it must be iphone related an has no issue to do with my macbook.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
anyone?

How od i take my phonebook from iphone to say my addressbook on the macbook so i cna sync that way?

Back-up must be corrupted. Can happen sometimes.

You can sync your contacts with your Google account. Not 100% sure how you do it but I know it's possible.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
this is the thing... i need to try and find out otherwise I will have to add all my contacts to the addres book by hand... :( sucks

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
been doing the google guide as per the link... when i click next the iphone goes back to the home screen and shuts down the settings app. So tbh, the whole thing is mega bummed.

Only way I can see is manually putting in my contacts to gmail and then restoring phone and then syncing phone with gmail to get all contactss back on.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
My contacts save to windows address book. Might be worth seeing if you contacts have saved to there.

Meg 225 with cup packs.
I might be way off here but my nipper gets the YouTube thing when he let's his iPod touch run out of battery.
It resets the date to something silly like 1970 and won't allow you on until you set it to current date.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Had a similar problem, but just with Youtube. My phone failed to update correctly, then when I finally got it to update I got the problem.

Did a full backup and reset it to factory, then restored the backup. Everything was fine after. (Backup backed up my contacts as well, thank god, didn't even think of it)