ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

s1600 Pas pump running off camshaft

Just discovered this and wont settle until I have it. Seemingly just a bracket, coupler and a couple of o rings, or is it a different camshaft design? Could this be made from scratch without much effort? (would it cost a reasonable amount for someone to make this)

fsfaafs.png

agdsga.png

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I wonder why they made this setup and did not use the cup racer setup. Pas cooler line setup in front of the rad too

I would go to an electric pump if I knew 100% they would work like a mechanical. I read that the pump used on some porsche motorsport cars is the same as on some vauxhalls and cheap off ebay.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I wonder why they made this setup and did not use the cup racer setup. Pas cooler line setup in front of the rad too

Would that fit on the K4M or whatever engine these used?

I'm surprised they didn't sack off the hydraulic system and go electric really. One less fluid to worry about.

@bozothenutter What electric pas pump did you fit and is the assistance the same?

Ive found a dacia pump made by renault brand new from a heavier car which Im interested in, Im just worried that there will be a delay with assistance.

s-l1600.jpg

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
@bozothenutter What electric pas pump did you fit and is the assistance the same?

Ive found a dacia pump made by renault brand new from a heavier car which Im interested in, Im just worried that there will be a delay with assistance.

View attachment 1527564
I have a Merc A class pump, looking at me accusingly every time I go into the shed.
Have to say that Dacia pump looks smaller though..nice!

I have a Merc A class pump, looking at me accusingly every time I go into the shed.
Have to say that Dacia pump looks smaller though..nice!

Yeah it looks convenient, just want to make sure its going to be 100% before I splash out.

Im sure it will be fine, modern pumps driving heavy cars should be more than up to the job

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it looks convenient, just want to make sure its going to be 100% before I splash out.

Im sure it will be fine, modern pumps driving heavy cars should be more than up to the job

What’s the deal with wiring these up mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been having a read and a TRW electric pump from some vauxhalls is exactly the same as used or once used on porsche cup cars, quite a few guys do this conversion from mechanical pump to electrical on their porsches. The nice thing about it is that its a simple power, ground and 12v ignition feed. Also the price is cheap as.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I’d 110% go with the a-class hydroelectric pump.
Easy 2 mount, 2 wires making easy to wire and works great with good feed back.
I’ve fitted one to my mates eg civic with a k20 in and it works well.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
I’d 110% go with the a-class hydroelectric pump.
Easy 2 mount, 2 wires making easy to wire and works great with good feed back.
I’ve fitted one to my mates eg civic with a k20 in and it works well.
there are three wire versions as well, afaik the third wire goes to the alternator as a signal the engine is running I *think*.

BTW there should not be any difference whatsoever, as these are basically just the old pump, but now electrically driven.
So the rack won't know the difference!
Still wondering if it is possible to adjust pump revs (pressure) with voltage to tweak the assistance.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Probably - I have (never going to happen) dreams of a Rotrex kit with the shaft running across the front of the engine being driven by a pulley in the PS location, then having a remote electric PS pump...... however I also have dreams about selling the Clio and buying an Aston.... unfortunate I have to say neither are on the reality list for my immediate future.

Probably - I have (never going to happen) dreams of a Rotrex kit with the shaft running across the front of the engine being driven by a pulley in the PS location, then having a remote electric PS pump...... however I also have dreams about selling the Clio and buying an Aston.... unfortunate I have to say neither are on the reality list for my immediate future.
Cant you sell the other toys for the aston?