ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

s**t turning circle

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
aye it is quite bad like. you think a small compact car would have an amazing turning circle.

fancy trying to reverse park and you need about 4 attempts to get it right people watching would be like 'its only a clio he's driving' lol

2002 White RS 172.
Re: s**t turning circle

a had a 1.6 focus before and in my eyes the turning circle was like one of a forklift compared to the clio.

Agreed, my RS turning circle was a hell of a lot better than the clios. It can make reverse parking embarassing in busy places.

Mazda 323f 2.0 sport
yeh and especially in the multi storey car park a had to reverse and get another turn to exit the barriers,quiet embarassing.

The turning circle is about 11m iirc - a vee is 13m, basically a vee's one is utter crap ! It does my nut in tbh.

BMW M135i
Yes its pretty poor tbh but nothing majorly bad I didn't think, its soooo much better on the 225 which is weird being a bigger car but its obviously down to the rack in the 1*2.

Mazda 323f 2.0 sport
a would of thought it was cause of the lack of space with the larger engine,gives the wheels less room to turn.lol

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
yep shite turning circle pisses me off, then you have to add the lovely crunch/clonk noise they make when on full lock to.

clio 172 cup

yep s**te turning circle pisses me off, then you have to add the lovely crunch/clonk noise they make when on full lock to.
i thought that just happening on mine like a grinding sound on full lock

Static Low

i think that since mine got low. the turning circle has got quite bad. could be wrong though

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

a would of thought it was cause of the lack of space with the larger engine,gives the wheels less room to turn.lol

Its the width :eek: Think about it, MK2 Clios are normally shod with skinny 13/14" wheels. The Renaultsport are 16's on the phase 2's, and are wide, so therefore lack of room under each arch. The 182's are the worst with the 205 section tyres. On full lock they grind/judder..... over tyred imo. MK'3 are where its at, huge arches ftw!!!!

LY V6 with Recaros
I thought my 182 was quite bad...until I got the vee! It's awful and very embarrassing at times! When I drive the 182 now the turning circle seems great lol!

vers le haut doigt milieu
yes its poor, you should try turning it around when pushing it when it has broken down.

Megane 2 GT 165
lol I know the V's have big turning circles, I remember not getting around a mini round-a-bout when I got to drive one when I worked at the renault.

Currently working with defence material and new vehicle I'm working on has a turning circle slightly bigger then the V's :D (just above 14m) Ow and that's a tracked vehicle :)

For those intrested... google CV9035NL

Clio 182 Trophy

Agreed about the turning circle...can cause issues at times. However, the rest of the car makes up for it :)

Clio 182 Trophy

Agreed about that cr*p turning circle...can cause issues at times. But the rest of the car makes up for it

I don't find it too bad, I used to have a Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, that had the turing circle of the QE2. The Clio turns like a London taxi in comparison.

I don't find it too bad, I used to have a Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, that had the turing circle of the QE2. The Clio turns like a London taxi in comparison.
I had one too. I had the plus model - the turning circle on that was 10.9 metres iirc.

185lb/ft dCi

f**king shocking on my dci, the other week I couldn't get the full way around a round about, i had to reverse while I was on it to get round. provided it was a very small roundabout but it just takes the piss. people looking at me thinking I cant drive when its just the wheels wont move more than 2 degrees.

When I went to the bulliring shopping centre I parked in the edgebaston st car park, it was really tight getting in it, so much so that on some of the corners I had to reverse then go forwards again, I had cars behind me too - skills !

We went to a mimms meet a while back too, everyone did a U turn in the road, I swung it really wide to get round, it still didn't do it. I had to reverse then too.

E36 328

completely and utterly off topic but T5PHY, why do you have a trophy cup by your name?