ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RX7 vs ZX10 Drift Battle.

VX220
that bike rider has both skill and balls! I dont think getting his knee down would actually help as he would be at the wrong angle. Great video

Lionel Richie
now lets see the biker try that without the long swing arm LOL

proper job

Last edited by a moderator:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol saying the biker has no balls... he drifted and took one hand off the bars and touched the f**king floor... pretty sure that is more hardcore than a knee down lol!

as for the rx7, #rx7withnowankelisgay.

Turbos.
Cool vid! Not sure what the biker was doing takes balls, just tons of practice! It is not like it is at high speed.... Still, nonetheless very impressive by both drivers!

VX220
even with that swing arm im pretty sure he has experienced some killer tank slappers! If you ever experience a tank slapper you will say getting back on a bike takes a certain amount of balls

cool vid chief, if biker did get his knee down he would look a fag... drifting looking over his shoulder at some crazy drift nut in some jap crap trying to kill him looks alot better. :hail:

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
To be fair, the guy on the bike is pretty damn special to touch the floor mid corner AND on the exit. Awsome skills full stop. Anyone who argues he hasn't needs pointing and laughing at!! As for the LS motor in the RX7, that is a brilliant conversion. Don't get me wrong, a 3 rotor on ITB's would be cooler but lets be honest, its a V8........with an easy 1000+bhp potential! If i want to knock a wall down I wouldn't choose a toffee hammer (1.3 rotary) to hit it a 100 times with. I 'd choose the sledge (6.0 V8) that gets it down in one.....much more satisfying and manly lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
To be fair, the guy on the bike is pretty damn special to touch the floor mid corner AND on the exit. Awsome skills full stop. Anyone who argues he hasn't needs pointing and laughing at!! As for the LS motor in the RX7, that is a brilliant conversion. Don't get me wrong, a 3 rotor on ITB's would be cooler but lets be honest, its a V8........with an easy 1000+bhp potential! If i want to knock a wall down I wouldn't choose a toffee hammer (1.3 rotary) to hit it a 100 times with. I 'd choose the sledge (6.0 V8) that gets it down in one.....much more satisfying and manly lol.

your comment has so many holes in it...
3 rotor on itb's why? would perform better on a turbo... yes it would sound nicer but not as much fun or power...
why would you want 1000bhp... i mean really especially in a rx7 600-700 is the max you would want or ever need!
then all of a sudden you call it a 1.3 which it isnt lol. well done though :p

v8's are lazy power a rotary that will rev to 9k easy and with the right components will rev to 16k rpm... i know if it was free what i would choose! a 13 b with billet shaft and rotors run 1.4 - 1.8 bar boost through it and rev to 16k and it would easily piss on a a lazy v8 in terms of fun.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
your comment has so many holes in it...
3 rotor on itb's why? would perform better on a turbo... yes it would sound nicer but not as much fun or power...
why would you want 1000bhp... i mean really especially in a rx7 600-700 is the max you would want or ever need!
then all of a sudden you call it a 1.3 which it isnt lol. well done though :p

v8's are lazy power a rotary that will rev to 9k easy and with the right components will rev to 16k rpm... i know if it was free what i would choose! a 13 b with billet shaft and rotors run 1.4 - 1.8 bar boost through it and rev to 16k and it would easily piss on a a lazy v8 in terms of fun.

Sorry, just an opinion about a 3 rotor on ITB's. Would love one fully bridgeported etc etc. Rotors are actually engines I love by the way so I'm not putting them down in anyway. I've been around 1000bhp V8 hotrods for a few years now and your comment about V8's delivering lazy power is flawed itself because you obviously haven't experience that type of grunt. The tacho goes from 1500rpm to 6000rpm in an instant.............in top gear.............spinning the wheels if you wish. It is trully addictive pissing anything into the wind if you want.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
if you are going tb's on a 3 rotor or any rotor it would be pointless doing anything less that a peripheral port bridge would be good for turbo but a pp would be better for tb's!

thats my point a v8 revs to 6k... its hardly screaming its tits off lol... i have found very little on the road that would match my rx7 for pace even before i blew a tip and was running twins... now with a rebuild and single turbo... i know there is nothing near me that would give me much hassle.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
i have found very little on the road that would match my rx7 for pace even before i blew a tip and was running twins... now with a rebuild and single turbo... i know there is nothing near me that would give me much hassle.

I won't lie fella, you obviously know s**t loads more about rotaries than me fella and fair play to you because they are something I'd love to know more about. Awsome bits of kit, I wouldn't argue against them. But as for pace............I'm not going to laugh as I'm bet your car is VERY quick. The cars we drive IN to santapod and drive home again however are passing the quarter in a tad over 9 seconds at 140 odd mph and will charge on to much more. Chalk and cheese end of.

jaytekracing ph1 v6
god that chap can ride a bike not into all the back end out stuff its all about top end for me lol
jay2_t1_1.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I won't lie fella, you obviously know s**t loads more about rotaries than me fella and fair play to you because they are something I'd love to know more about. Awsome bits of kit, I wouldn't argue against them. But as for pace............I'm not going to laugh as I'm bet your car is VERY quick. The cars we drive IN to santapod and drive home again however are passing the quarter in a tad over 9 seconds at 140 odd mph and will charge on to much more. Chalk and cheese end of.

friend of mine runs the fastest road legal rx7, drives it to pod, drags it... then drives home... 9.96 1/4 using a twin rotor uses it daily too... so... i will stick to rotor's lol!

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Fair play to you and him for sticking with it then. Like I say, I'm not taking no credit away from the rotary or what it offers. Cracking motor in a cracking car. Given that the fastest road leagal RX7 can only just muster under 10 seconds says it all to me . Even though we run low 9's and high 8's this year, we are far from the fastest street legal V8's around. I just love the idea of pure muscle in the front of a nice looking motor like the RX7 which can go sideways so very nicely.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its street legal private class, running in the hks drag champs... plus i bet the cost of his car and engine are about a 10th of the cost of one of your v8's :p there are 6 sec road legal rotaries in oz...

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
its street legal private class, running in the hks drag champs... plus i bet the cost of his car and engine are about a 10th of the cost of one of your v8's :p there are 6 sec road legal rotaries in oz...

Hardly.....have you ever heard of crate motors??? Parts off the shelf for 1500+bhp motors?? Its the cheapest bang for buck I've ever seen lol Good for your mate too, fair play to him. I'm sure he will agree the difference between a 9.9 and and 8.9 is a HUGE one though ;). Oh and bare in mind, we aren't running any boost...............yet:rasp:

ANYWAY....lets not hyjack this thread. Great vid and love both vehicles :) I want to see more bikes getting the ass end out like that lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol no im enjoying our chat!

how much is a 700 bhp crate motor with everything on it, inlet mani's and alternators etc??

as you can do it in a rx7 propperly for about 4-6k to get a 700bhp engine...

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
To be fair malice for about 10k dollars you will be getting the same ammount. For that you'll get fully ported iron cylinder heads, uprated rods and pistons, single Street Dominator carb, MSD ignition, hotter cam, brodix inlet manifold, ex manifolds etc etc. Like I say, you with out doubt know more about rotaries than myself and if you can get a rebuilt 700bhp motor for around 5 grand that is pretty damn good and I stand corrected. I always had the impression they were hideosly expensive to maintain and uprate. Just for curiosity, how much would it cost to get a 1000bhp out of one? Maybe thats where the v8 starts to overtake the rotary by a country mile.

This is an example of a pretty much turn key ls injection engine with 700bhp for $16000.(not sure what the exchange rate is now) We stick to the good old carbs etc though so make them cheaper.http://paceperformance.com/i-514576...rts-turn-key-lsx-454-crate-engine-700-hp.html

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
tbh you dont need to uprate the actual engine, the stock shaft, stock rotors and stock housings/plates will handle 700+bhp

the one that ran 9.96 1/4 runs stock seals, stock tips, stock everything from mazda... only difference to his and a stock block is the single turbo, manifold, wastegate, fueling... the rest is stock...

to go 1000bhp prob would be a triple rotor or a twin rotor with billet shaft and rotors... prob closer to 10-15k for that sort of power... but then you can rev to 16k lol!

i did look at putting a ls in mine when i blew a tip... but i was looking 12-15k to do it right... i do like v8's just not in rx7's lol

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
to go 1000bhp prob would be a triple rotor or a twin rotor with billet shaft and rotors... prob closer to 10-15k for that sort of power... but then you can rev to 16k lol!

i did look at putting a ls in mine when i blew a tip... but i was looking 12-15k to do it right... i do like v8's just not in rx7's lol

Yeah thats fair enough, im the same with the original Mini. I spent over 15k on an A seires instead of going vtec so know exactly what you mean. I have to admit, I didn't realise rotaries were so cheap to tune......still prefere 9 liters of V8 though:rasp:....oh and the potential of 2500bhp+ should my bollox and wallet grow big enough lmao

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
there is a guy in the uk that does rx7 v8 swaps... he building his own... its f**king mental the power it will put out... should be well over 1500bhp!!!
87dc7974.jpg

fc0fd290.jpg

IMG_0208.gif