ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rusting rear arch

S2000

When I was having a look at the torsion bar (or the cover, lol) the other day I notice that the rear passenger arch is starting to rust but has not broken throught the paint yet. I was just wondering what sort of options there are with regard to preventing it from rustiong any further?

If I took it somewhere to be sanded down and resprayed would it just come back soon enough? If so what else can I do and what sort of cost am I looking at to get it done?

Thanks.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Done properly it shouldnt come back.

I paid £80 per side for dent removal, rust removal and spraying.

Thats in a back street spray shop.

S2000

Ill probably look into it then before it starts to rust badly. Ive got a wee touch or rust on the door sill but I might just give that a go myself as its not going to be particularly visible so Im not bothered if it doesnt look that great.

I was also wondering whether or not places can just improve the paintwork similarly to a PC polisher. The reason being that my car has loads of swirls and scrathes but most of them arent very deep so I dont think they have gone below the laquer - so hopefully something like that would sort out the painwork for me. Any idea of the cost of something like that anyone?

Well, an "ok" job is likely to be £100/£150 a side.. and thats cutting out, welding new plate in, spraying etc..

A decent job, probably £250 a side.. depends how picky you want to be and if you can find anyone good enough to do it!

The Beast MK4

Ive actually started to get a bit of this on my rear right on my MK2 Phase 1. Going to speak to my local panel beater soon as I have some dolla.

Beetle

Quote: Originally posted by Jonaldinho on 10 September 2005

Ive actually started to get a bit of this on my rear right on my MK2 Phase 1. Going to speak to my local panel beater soon as I have some dolla.
didnt clios come with an 8 year body protection warranty??