ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rusted Exhaust Manifold Flange

The flange on my exhaust manifold is pretty rusted, what would be my best option ?

Cut it off and weld a new one on ?
Get a new or 2nd hand exhaust manifold ?
Live with it ?

20170203_150559_zps5kf2ajsw.jpg

20170203_150607_zpsqivxzjxq.jpg

NathanV

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182
I had a similar issue with my exhaust manifold flange rusting through. So I designed a flange to fit without having to remove or weld the manifold, plus it can be used with the Renault exhaust fitting kit.

eR6mxG5l.jpg

I fitted the flange this morning, but the cat flange also disintegrated on one side while removing the old bolts, so I will get one made to replace the cat flange. The fitting kit will require a longer bolt to allow for the addition of the new flange.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I had a similar issue with my exhaust manifold flange rusting through. So I designed a flange to fit without having to remove or weld the manifold, plus it can be used with the Renault exhaust fitting kit.

View attachment 1345432

I fitted the flange this morning, but the cat flange also disintegrated on one side while removing the old bolts, so I will get one made to replace the cat flange. The fitting kit will require a longer bolt to allow for the addition of the new flange.
@NathanV did you find out what the diameter of the manifold was? Mainly at this point.
20171227_134357.jpg