ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running rough, EML on, no power

arChi69

ClioSport Club Member
Hope someone can point me in the right directions here.
Was driving around yesterday when suddenly EML light came on flashing and car lost power, limp mode as such.

Idles ok when stationary, but when moving off sounds like a Subaru boxer engine with a hint of sewing machine ?
Also the exhaust gasses smell as if we just a had fireworks display near the car... the wife thought something is on fire ?

Any ideas? I'm thinking injector / coil pack? Maybe someone had very similar issues?

Thanks (y)

PH2 Clio 182
As James says, flashing EML is usually an injector. Can test them with a multimeter, resistance should around about 15 ohms.

PH2 Clio 182
Super easy. 2x 10mm holding the rail guard on, 2x 10mm holding the rail itself on, and from there the injectors are push fitted into the manifold. One clip then to remove for each injector, and just pull the injector out of the rail. Installation is the reverse of removal ;)

arChi69

ClioSport Club Member
Changed all 4 injectors, still the same, EML is still flashing.

Do I need to disconnect the battery to reset... or any other suggestions?

thanks!

arChi69

ClioSport Club Member
So the issue came back 4 weeks after swapping the ignition coil.

This time took the plugs out and surprise surprise they are incorrect. One of them is slightly darker so assume thats the one with bad ignition lead.

Will change plugs and lead this weekend and see what happens.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 130