ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running Lumpy and lost no4 pot

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Right, thought i had sorted my issue but it ran fine for about 60 miles and its died again

symptoms are it runs like a bag of spanners on idle, if you hold throttle at lowish revs it hunts a bit and feels hesitant but floor it and it seems to pull well and smoothly?

so far i have (all to no avail):

- changed leads, plugs and coil
- swapped out CTS and map sensors
- disconnected upstream lambda
- left battery off
- checked all connectors inc ecu for water ingress
- checked and cleaned tdc sensor

all i can think is theres an earthing fault?

i dont think its an injector as no 4 pot is clarting up the spark plug with soot pretty quickly, so fuels getting in

help as i'm very close to just ripping this peice of crap apart for parts as well and buying another:mad:

172 cup, Impreza P1
I took the fuel rail off and removed the injectors. I then put a 12v feed across it and listened to the click of the coil opening and closing. 1 didn't do anything and then looked like this:

DSCF1920.jpg

This was on no.3 cylinder iirc.

SQ5
Can also take fuel rail guard off and remove injector plug one by one.

Find your faulty one that doesn't change engine note.

Can then switch it with another injector and make sure problem follows.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, i just swapped them about and looked for the fault jumping to the pot with the suspect injector, which it did, so swapped it out for a good one