ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running in Oil WTF

O.K so what is running in oil, i got some in my garaga its 10 40 running in oil "specially developed for race use"

What is the difference in this and noraml oil?

Cheers, Paul

Oh i think Demon Tweeks sell the stuff

Skoda Fabia vRS

as far as i know its what race teams run the rebuilt engines on, not in the car, in the garage, before they stick the engines in the cars

use it your running it in. Manufactuers used to use it in road engines but due to the stupid public (lets be honest the public as a whole is so stupid its hard to grasp) wanting longer service intervals etc they just bang in normal oil to run the thing in on and thus the engines dont last very long.

I have just finished building my engine, You need to use mineral oil, when you first build an engine, this allows all of the components to wear togeter, i.e, the rings angainst the bore, the main bearings against the crank etc. Then you should change it to fullt synthetic after 1000- 2000 miles to reduce the wear of your engine.

Hope this helps