ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running diluted coolant for a while....

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Am I OK to run diluted Renault Type D coolant (which I salvaged when I emptied the system) for a day or two whilst ensuring I have no leaks? I have had to replace coolant hoses with a used set and I don't want to waste 5 litres of coolant if there's a problem with these used hoses. Of course, when I'm sure it's all OK I'll replace with fresh.

Thanks!

I'm currently running just water in my car after a massive leak lol

It's quite brown now... I'm thinking rust is an issue so need to get it changed ASAP!

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172

It's quite brown now... I'm thinking rust is an issue so need to get it changed ASAP!
Well the rust is in the water, so when you drain it it'll be like you've done a nice flush :smile:.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo

Flush and backflush the rad and matrix before refilling with type d, loads of rusty water will come out.