ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

running a tyre in the wrong direction.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
How bad is it? I won't be doing it long just sorting a puncture but just interested.

I assume it will be more prone to aqua planning but anything else?

I noticed my 2 rear tyres are on the wrong way last month and they've been on there for about 6 months, all is fine so far.

Cup In bits
I noticed my 2 rear tyres are on the wrong way last month and they've been on there for about 6 months, all is fine so far.

You must be a very steady driver.

We used to do it for some fun back in the day, lift off oversteer is tripled on most cars, especially on budget tyres.

WRX
The realistic answer to your question is:

If you drive sensibly and to the conditions, then you will be fine.

If its a directional tyre then you could just swap a wheel from left to right. If its an asymmetrical tyre then it needs taking off the rim and refitting.

FYI.

EDIT: oh wait, first option will only work if there's a wheel on the other side of the car also rotating the wrong way. Lol.

WRX
Just reverse everywhere, oh but then three are wrong:rasp:

If you read Roy's post again and swap directional and asymmetrical around, it may be right.