ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running a cable from engine bay to inside of the car?

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Hi,

I have a 2005 182 Cup and would like to run a cable from the engine bay into the car so I can operate a switch.

Are there any pre-drilled holes or will I have to take the dash off? :(

Thanks in advance!

There should be a gromet passenger side footwell, under the carpety stuff. Quite hard to get to from the inside, but easy enough from the engine bay.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
There should be a gromet passenger side footwell, under the carpety stuff. Quite hard to get to from the inside, but easy enough from the engine bay.

Cool cheers mate.

I might make use of that then. I don't want to go hacking the car about but that should do the trick.

Focus RS Mk1
whats is for mate? if its just a simple low current 12v then you can branch of something for the power. rather than battery , but if its for an amp or something heavy duty then battery for sure :)

Bonnet release cable grommet chap, peice of piss to get at and push a cable through. My amp cable is through it, no drilling, no leakage or chafing and it took 5 minutes to feed it through in the dark/pissing rain with no torch, lol.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Hi,

I have a 2005 182 Cup and would like to run a cable from the engine bay into the car so I can operate a switch.

Are there any pre-drilled holes or will I have to take the dash off? :(

Thanks in advance!

Should of asked yesterday and I would of shown you.